*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/488010-
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#488010 added February 14, 2007 at 10:40am
Restrictions: None
Valentine’s Day
8 Mulk 163 B.E. - Wednesday, February 14, 2007

It rained last night. The raindrops hitting the ground outside my house sounded like bacon sizzling in the pan. This morning the gray clouds fringe the mountains like lace on a antique Valentine’s Card. The crescent moon, visible above the edge of the clouds, looks like the eye of a dragon just opening from sleep.

February Rain


Carried by angels
raindrops chant their gratitude
as they strike the earth.

I don’t know if the rain we received last night is official yet, I didn’t watch much of the news or the weather this morning. It’s not as if, I missed a lot, what I did hear was depressing. Thieves have begun stealing pay phones, which the owners bolt to the ground. Apparently, the thieves either unbolt the phones or just wrap chains around them and pull them out of the ground.

True phone aren’t used a lot any more, but they are used a little bit, at least here in Las Vegas. Just about every time I drive into the ARCO on the corner of Charleston and Eastern, I see someone using the phone that’s outside the store. Of course, that phone would be difficult to steal because that self-service station is always busy. There are phone in other place of town not easily seen by the public. Some of the pay phones at the Seven Elevens are on the sides of the store and not in front.

"I don't know who it is who lives or dies, who rests or wakes, but it is your heart that distributes all the graces of the daybreak in my breast."
Pablo Neruda


The Graces of Daybreak


Gratitude expressed before the miracle of dawn occurs:
Red-fringed mountains frame morning’s clear sky
Announcing the arrival of a new day,
Calling the children of light out of their sepulchers,
Expressing God’s love for humanity and
Sending the warmth of spring across snowcapped peaks.

"I am not what I think. I am thinking what I think."
Eric Butterworth


This morning I’m thinking that no matter how little a person has or how poor a person thinks he or she is, there is always something to thank God for. This is Wednesday; this is Midweek Reflection Day in the Journal Writing Group on Yahoo, which means that tomorrow is Thankful Thursday. I’m not sure what I’m going to write for either. So far this week, I’m not sure how things have been. I suppose I could write a midweek reflection piece on being unsure. It’s not that I haven’t gotten anything accomplished, it’s just that … I’m wondering if maybe I’m not a bit depressed, with the way the situation is going in my life.

On the other hand, I may just need to stop for a moment or two and say some prayers. I find if I stop at periodic intervals throughout the day and take a prayer break, then I’m in a better mood. This is especially important on Valentine’s Day, because I have no love in my life. I don’t even have any prospects. And since I’ve turned sixty I’ve been wondering about companionship and stuff like that.

Valentine’s Day can be a bit depressing for any single individual without a love interest. However, after a certain age one begins to speculate on being alone the rest of her life. I’m not sure that I want man in my life, it’s just that I would like to have the opportunity to make the choice. I think my problem may be that without any prospects, I don’t have the chance to decide one way or another.


© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/488010-