*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/488874
Rated: ASR · Book · Children's · #1219994
An illustrated children story involving a brave little Chinese girl and a dragon.
#488874 added February 28, 2007 at 2:47pm
Restrictions: None
Page 8
The sun had already shone when she reached home - and from afar, Xiao Ling could see the worried form of her mother. The mother looked around and, when she spotted Xiao Ling, finally sighed in relief and called out to her, "Xiao Ling, where have you been? I've been looking for you."

Xiao Ling still didn't say anything. Her eyes were fixed to the ground as she bit her lower lip to hold back her tears. Her mother spotted this and asked whether anything was wrong. With glistening eyes, the little girl looked up to her mother and spilled everything: how she went looking for the dragon, how the dragon gave her the scale, and how she - out of pity - gave the scale to the old man instead.

"And now I can't cure Father..." she managed to say between her sobs. Her mother gently looked at her and brushed her tears. "There, there... How nice of you thinking about finding a cure for your father," she said. "I am proud of you, you're such a thoughtful daughter." The mother then assured the little girl that they would surely find another way to cure her beloved father.



8888888888
© Copyright 2007 Cat-Claws is 20 Years Old! (UN: cat-claws at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cat-Claws is 20 Years Old! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/488874