*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490304-Magickal-Meatloaf
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#490304 added February 24, 2007 at 1:03pm
Restrictions: None
Magickal Meatloaf

signature made by Jem

I am baking the world's most beautiful meatloaf this morning! On the spur of the moment invited friends to dinner and then decided I would do the menu from whatever was in the fridge or pantry today.

I've got a meatloaf with roasted red pepper, green pepper, onion, minced sun-dried tomato, and pomegranate-chipotle sauce! As a counter-point there will be creamy, cheesy mashed-potatoes, green salad, and steamed broccoli and baby carrots. I threw together a bread pudding in the crock-pot: canned apple-pie filling, french vanilla swirl bread, eggs, sugar, strawberry craisins, and heady rich, cardamom.
Will serve this with french-vanilla ice cream.

I've got Pillsbury flaky rolls in the freezer and a nice bottle of pinot noir! Yum, yum!

It doesn't hurt that I'm a foodie and keep all kinds of goodies around. We have a liquidation grocery in town that sells items that are dented or the expiration dates are coming up---you can find exotic gourmet things at a fraction of the cost they would be in a regular grocer. So I always have cupboards full of "stuff". Drives hubby crazy---but I'll bet he'll enjoy the magickal meatloaf tonight. *Heart*


*Balloon1**Balloon2**Balloon3**Balloon4**Balloon1*


I'm working with the archetypal energy of the magickal child for Lent. I would imagine that most of us whether we had happy childhoods or not have many unresolved childhood issues that need healed.

Carrying this energy makes me feel centered and energized. A co-worker wants to know what I'm "doing"--because I look "different---better". Knowing that the beautiful, innocent, hopeful child I was at 9 or 10 is still present makes me feel optimistic, less stressed, and willing to exist moment-to-moment in the soft present.

Yesterday was GrandParent's Day at grandson Kyler's school. That's always such a blessing and a treat to be part of his school day. My ex-husband and I went together (we are still friends post-divorce) and then picked up the next 2 youngest, baby Chadrick(2 months) stayed home with Mom. Grandma(55), Grandpa(56), Kyler (6), Annabella (4),and Jase(2), all went to the Naples Botanical Gardens for Dinosaurs in the Park. It was a small, centralized exhibit and was quite enjoyable for all the kids. They loved seeing the dinosaur exhibits among the flowers and really loved the butterfly house, and the lorikeet exhibit. The bug exhibit-hissing cockroaches, scorpions, giant centipedes---was a hit, too!

Magickal child---magickal grandma---everything circles round.







© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490304-Magickal-Meatloaf