*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490638
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1223929
Demons, Vampires, Love, Decite, what more could Renee ask for? maybe a normal life?
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#490638 added July 3, 2008 at 5:16pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 1- Kidnapping
<b>Chapter 1</b>

<i>A shadowy figure glides along in the darkness, to grasp a silhouette. The two figures joined in a mosaic dance together they form an undefined shape. The two shadows forming one flicker in and out of the minds grasp. Confusing and moving swiftly,</i> abruptly I awake from my recurring dream that I can neither place nor get rid of.


I found myself in a dark alleyway that, in the daylight, I know to lead me to my home. But as I looked around it just felt different. Oddly, I actually felt very energetic and powerful. I became acutely aware that someone else was in the alley with me. I spun my head quickly to the side, trying to get a glimpse of whomever I felt burning a hole between my shoulder blades. As I turned my head left, spicy cologne stung my nose. I was shocked that my accusations were correct for once, I instantly twisted around.


Stunned, I set eyes on a tall man standing not six feet in front of me. I opened my mouth to scream in alarm, but my brain wasn’t sending those kinds of signals. My mystery guest remained motionless before me, staring with icy blue eyes, just emerging from under his disheveled white-blond hair. He wore his clothing as dark as the backdrop of night behind him, giving the illusion that his eyes were being illuminated from some unseen force or invisible light.


My breath caught in my throat, from more than just fright or alarm. As I stared at him with my own inquisitive, but confused piercing gaze, my mind finally registered this man must be a warning, wearing his all black clothing in this normally deserted ally way, that just so happened to be in my own back yard. He started strode closer to me, either out of caution or out of stupidity he placed himself under the only street lamp. Ah, at long last I saw his face.


Who built you? Michelangelo?


His perfect cheekbones and completely symmetric jaw line screamed high art. I felt like my heart was trying to burst out of my chest and jump into his arms with or without my willing body and mind. After walking under the street lamp and pausing for what I assumed was dramatic effect, he continued his powerful strut, bringing him closer and closer to me. At last, his final step was taken which brought him standing right in front of me. I finally came to me partial senses and tried to muster the will power to run away, but my oh-so-close to collapsing legs wouldn’t budge. Something or someone was holding me, stuck to that spot, unable to run, unable to stand my own ground however useless that ground was.


I felt rather than heard an almost whisper in my mind distantly coaxing,


<i>‘Do not be afraid, I will not harm you, you don’t need to fear me.’</i>


The words felt like electricity in my head lingering and echoing until my body felt so weak I was entirely unable to stand, mystical force or not. I began my slow motion collapse, but as my body speedily approached the ground mystery man swiftly took hold of my limp body catching me gingerly in his muscular arms.
© Copyright 2008 prettypinkme (UN: prettypinkme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
prettypinkme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490638