*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490767-Staying-Up-Until-230-am-Pacific-Standard-Time
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#490767 added February 26, 2007 at 2:50pm
Restrictions: None
Staying Up Until 2:30 a.m. Pacific Standard Time
We got home from the Ayyam-i-Ha part at about 9:00 p.m. Put the food we’d brought home in the refrigerator. Part of the food was four piece of Kentucky fried chicken, who ever brought it to the party left it. So one of the women cleaning up gave it to us; when we arrived home I opened the barbeque sauce and put part of it on the chicken. Then this morning mom turned the chicken over and put on more barbeque sauce. Tomorrow we’ll have the chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy.

After putting the food away we sit on the divan, talked, listened to the gunshots echoing from the south and watched the Metro Police helicopter fly around. We finally said prayers of protection and Mom went to bed. I stayed up until about 2:30 p.m. When I did go to bed, I would doze off and a noise would wake me up. Needless to say, I didn’t get a lot of sleep, at least in bed.

I got up at about 5:30, sit on the love seat, and dozed during the morning news. If anything was said about the gunshot, I didn’t hear it. Then about 9:00 a.m. we went to pick up the sheets. We hadn’t eaten yet, but I said we’d get the sheets after 9:00 so we went across town and pick them up. The sheets are blue. While I was picking up the sheets I fell down and skinned my knee, but that was it. Wasn’t hurt in any other way. I don’t think, I may have a black eye or a bruised cheek later because when I fell my glasses pushed against my cheek bone, but one of the uses for make-up is to cover things like that. Besides, I’m not going to the emergency room for anything as minor as a skinned knee or bruised cheek bone. I should learn to watch where I’m going and pick my feet up when I’m walking.

I’ve got an appointment with a doctor Monday, March 5, so if there is anything I think I need to ask I’ll do it then. I still have to make an appointment to see a dentist. I have the roots of one tooth trying to work themselves out and a couple of more teeth coming. One will leave the roots in and the other will com out completely. By the time I get to see a dentist, all he or she will have to do is fit me with a pair of dentures. I’ve heard we’re short of doctors here in Vegas, but it’s easier to get an appointment with a medical doctor then a dentist.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490767-Staying-Up-Until-230-am-Pacific-Standard-Time