*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/491396-Thursdays-child-has-far-to-go
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#491396 added March 1, 2007 at 2:03am
Restrictions: None
Thursday's child has far to go...
That title will only make sense if you read Wednesday's entry - the first one - and chances are that you have not.

Last night about 6:30ish, I was having the typical fibro/chronic fatigue meltdown. Hubby was also getting ready to crash for a while and he told me he liked my blog entry. I asked him which one. "Today's entry about the tower," he said. I informed him that I had two entries for the day and he said he'd look at the other one later.

I really did sleep soundly. I remember his beeper going off, but I couldn't tell you what time that was. (He said he got about an hour nap.) Then at just past midnight he crawled into bed and I asked, "Whacha been doing?"

It turns out that he turned on the bedroom light and hooked up his laptop to try to fix a work gliche from the house. When that wouldn't work, he got dressed and went into work. When he got back, he then got ready for bed and I woke up, not because anything he did woke me, but because I needed a pit stop. It worries me sometimes that I can and do sleep that soundly.

I'm awake now, so here I am.

*********

Now, about that Thursday's child title above... When I logged on, I discovered that folks had commented about the Bok Tower entry but not about the first one of the day. I wondered why that was. Well, while I was working on that entry yesterday, I put it on "Keep private" and never changed it. DUH!!!


So...if you wouldn't mind, would you please go back and read yesterday's chit-chat?

Yes, right now. I'll wait.

Tapping foot... Done? Okay, on with Thursday!


*********
Yesterday, one of our writers sent me a nice review on my piece about Mr. Rogers. If you have never read it, it's right here: "My Favorite Neighbor

She said that she had heard that Mr. Rogers was in the service and killed a bunch of people and that's why he ended up being so peaceful. Well, I had never heard that story about Mr. Rogers, so I went searching.

It was an urban legend, of course.

Here's some of what I found on urbanlegends.com, plus the link:

"Fred Rogers won our hearts, true enough; but the rest of the story is hogwash. After graduating from Rollins College in Florida with a degree in music in 1951, he immediately embarked on a broadcasting career -- a career that continued uninterrupted for nearly 50 years, even while he studied for a Bachelor of Divinity degree, eventually becoming an ordained minister in 1962. Far from hiding a secret past as a trained killer, Fred Rogers was an exemplary individual who devoted his entire adult life to educating and bettering the lives of children, and as such he deserves to be remembered."
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl-mr-rogers.htm

I also found an article by someone who grew up as a real neighbor of Fred Rogers and went to church with him.
http://www.time.com/time/sampler/article/0,8599,88632,00.html

And this from someone who interviewed Mr. Rogers:
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/165/story_16581.html

I believe it was at this time of year four years ago that Mr. Rogers died.

************

When I woke up after my 5 1/2 hour nap, for some strange reason, a line we used in my childhood kept running through my mind.

"It's all Dutch to me." I guess we said that because there were Pennsylvania Dutch all around?

But what possessed us to tell babies, "You're Dutch"
as we interacted with them. Strange. As they gooed and cooed, that was our response to them.

You know how the mind works. *Bigsmile* Thinking about those two phrases also made me remember an elementary teacher who always said, "It's all hieroglyphics to me."

Of course, "normal" folks say, "It's all Greek to me."

Right? Am I right? Hello? Are you out there?????

Guess not. I think everyone's sleeping.

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/491396-Thursdays-child-has-far-to-go