*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/492792-Monday-3507
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1207566
Musings from my mind
#492792 added March 5, 2007 at 8:48pm
Restrictions: None
Monday 3/5/07
Since when has buying a bike for a soon to be 10 year old become such an ordeal? I didn't think it would be. Boy did I get an education today! I could have gotten a bike for him at Walmart, but I wanted to get one that was a little higher quality, as I knew he'd be rugged with it.

I have since learned that there isn't a middle level price when it comes to bikes. Either there's the $50 walmart cheapy, or $200 and up, and up, and up!!! Momma and i went to about every bike store in town. The town I live near is a college town, so bike shops are plentiful. It turned out to be a 6 hour ordeal. I took a pair of Joe's britches in order to ensure I got him the right size, and finally, I decided once I knew the right size bike, I'd just go home and shop on the internet for one in the price range of around a hundred dollars. There was one more bike shop one the way home, and since we'd been to all the others, I figured one more wouldn't hurt. THey had one in stock, just the right size for $75!!!! I snatched that baby up, and established rapport with the bike tech for future repairs. He also said that after I present the bike to him, to bring him in and he will adjust the seat and handlebars, etc, to his body at no charge!!

Joe also said he wanted a specific helmut. The rule at our home is if it has wheels on it and no roof, he MUST wear a helmut. He wanted a BMX helmut that goes down around his chin. I only found one in all the stops we made, and I got it. It was $50. I was surprised it was higher than I expected, but his little noggin is worth it, and the smile of getting the exact helmut he wanted will be priceless.

That excursion wore me out so I came home and took a nap. His birthday is the beginning of April, so it will be a few weeks before he sees it. I'm glad I did this now instead of waiting until later. Now all I gotta do is make arrangements at Godfather's Pizza in town and send out the invites. That's cerrainly managable now that the hard part of getting his bike is done. I really didn't know it was going to be an all day deal. I'm still kinda tired, so I'll go to bed a bit earlier tonight.

My quote today is: A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

Thanks for stopping by,
Curls

© Copyright 2007 purtycurls (UN: lmjinfla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
purtycurls has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/492792-Monday-3507