*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/493402
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1223929
Demons, Vampires, Love, Decite, what more could Renee ask for? maybe a normal life?
#493402 added March 8, 2007 at 12:59pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 11- Closer
“But still how could I have done something I’ve never heard of, and don’t even know how to do?” my question came to prove how much I really didn’t know, and up until now, had no intention of experiencing.

“I don’t know, you see that’s the thing, you can’t be taught how to cast out our senses, you learn and when you learn the basics then you sharpen your skills and you can get to the point where it is second nature to cast out your senses. Then once you come that far, some one guides you in learning how to read one person out of a group, crowd, roomful of people. From there you then learn how to shuffle a persons thoughts, make them forget you, make them do something you want them to, lie to them, anything you like.” He looked at me with questions in is eyes, that I probably didn’t want to hear, or have to answer.

“So what does this mean? Is there something special about me that I grew up human but I know how to ‘cast out my senses’?” I crossed my arms in front of my chest and stared Stanton right in the eye, trying to figure it out.

“I want you to try to cast out your senses again, ok?” he asked me kindly but I knew how anxious he felt. Because I felt it too. “Can you do that Renee?” he leaned closer to me so I nodded in a silent reply.

Because I didn’t know exactly what I was supposed to do or what I had done earlier, I started off by creating silence. When silence was achieved I concentrated on Stanton, I concentrated on prying into him and reading his emotions.

I assumed a rhythmical breathing pattern and slowly felt myself become more in tune with Stanton, waves of intense affection radiated from him, I felt a smile slap on my face, I knew I had done what I was asked to do. I had cast out my senses.

I pressed on to find his hidden self, sinking into a deeper more focused trance like state. As I submerged myself in his memories and thoughts I instantly felt closer to anyone I ever had, I felt something unknown to me for my whole life, I felt something I never knew existed.

I felt warm arms wrap around me and pull me closer as my body drank the warmth of which the arms had come. As I opened my eyes I saw electric blue eyes staring right into mine, devouring me hungrily. Only after a moment did I realize they were Stanton’s, then I noticed a gentle whisper of words in his mind getting closer to me.

‘Tell me what you feel.’ The unspoken command, was gentle enough to send shivers throughout my whole body, like a really good guitar solo in a just as good song.
‘I feel peace and warmth, I like it here, can I stay? With you?’ I questioned the unknown speaker in my mind, not noticing this voice sounded all too familiar, warm, but also strong and deep, like Stanton’s own voice.

‘Yes, yes you can stay, here with me, and I’ll keep you safe, I’ll love you.’ The voices’ promise to keep me safe and love me sounded really good so, naturally, I agreed with him with out question or the want to know who he belonged to, he could have belonged to the devil himself and I would have agreed. I didn’t know any better in my unconscious state.

My eyes softly closed and left me in darkness, I could smell Stanton’s breath as he leaned closer to me. The warmth of his breath allowed me to recognize how close he must really be, not that I cared. I felt his eager lips land gently on mine, forcing my breath to catch in my lungs, as I kissed him back my connection with him grow so strong I felt and saw everything. I felt the emotions he held about me and I saw how I looked in his eyes. At first I didn’t concede the women that I saw threw his eyes to be me, she was too beautiful and elegant to be me, too ravishing and I even felt myself curious as to how I could compare with her. But it was then when I was at a wit end I noticed my own birthmark, on the lower left side of this women’s neck, it looked like a crescent moon and I had always loved it. It was then that I finally realized this woman who Stanton found so beautiful and held so much love for, was me.
© Copyright 2007 prettypinkme (UN: prettypinkme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
prettypinkme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/493402