*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/495379-A-Pain-filled-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1030039
This will show our fight with Fibromyalgia, so others can learn that it's real.
#495379 added March 15, 2007 at 9:10pm
Restrictions: None
A Pain-filled Day
         Literally. I'm hoping it's just all these weather changes. Like Kenzie said in HER blog today, the temperature changes alone can be contributing to this. As our local weather man put it on the 6:00 news, "At 3:00 PM yesterday it was 76 degrees. At 3:00 PM today it was 39. Tell me THAT'S not strange. Even for this area, that's really overdoing it.
         My legs have been bothering me all day today, getting worse as the day progressed. Only today it wasn't like a few weeks or months back. Today it had to be different from the past, too. Today, the pain wasn't balanced equally in both legs. My right leg has hurt far more than my left one, and the ache in my right knee has almost been nonstop. Tonight, I took the cat out for a walk on her leash, planning on using the time to hopefully get rid of that pain in the knee for a while. Yeah, right. To quote Kenzie, GRRRRR!!! I even tried the knee bends I always have to do periodically when we're traveling. Those knee bends always get rid of the pain for about a couple hours or so. But not today. Today that relief lasted all of about 5 minutes at a pop then the right knee was right back at it.
         I'd expected SOME extra pain after I put the new water supply hoses on the washer earlier tonight. But I didn't expect what I got. The right knee had been consistent most of the day. That's a given. But the pain got even worse there at the same time it picked up in both legs about an hour after I finished putting those hoses on. Go figure.
         As I sit here now, nothing has changed. And the problem is it sure BETTER improve tomorrow. I'm going to be in a class all day at work. Sitting for about 4 hours at a pop, both before and after lunch. With pain like this, that class could be a really painful experience. Literally. I'm going to make it a point to take the Neproxen before the class starts and again at lunch time. It's the best chance I have to make it through that class without all this pain. Sheesh. Time for supper. Hopefully next time the news will be better. For both Kenzie and I. When you check her blog entry for today, you'll see her day was worse than mine. But one thing she and I have agreed on from the start of our relationship. It's great that we don't have to try to explain to our spouse what we're going through like many Fibro suffers do. We know our partner understands. Understands the pain, the whining, the wishing for relief, the changing, moving pain, the "I'll have to do that later, honey. I just hurt too bad right now", all of it. And that understanding gives us peace of mind on that important aspect of our relationship. And that's something that is a relief to both of us.

© Copyright 2007 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/495379-A-Pain-filled-Day