*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/495666-Happy-St-Patricks-Day
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#495666 added March 17, 2007 at 2:07am
Restrictions: None
Happy St. Patrick's Day
Some folks think I'm Irish, but I'm not. Mackenzie is Scottish.

March 17 is special for me (and my family) because my brother was born on this day in 1956. My grandmother also died on this day in 1980. The one who lived with us for most of my young life.

I'll probably come back later to write something. Or maybe not. My baby sister and her hubby stopped in Friday afternoon. Knowing that she was coming then instead of today meant that I TRIED to get some cleaning done. (Both of my sisters are clean freaks. I call each of them Mrs. Clean.) But, boy oh boy, our kitty didn't want to let me get much done.

I put the cats' food and water bowls on the floor so I could clean off the mess Opera had made of their normal feeding place - the bay window. She was running around the house, as usual, but when she tried jumping over the bowls, she caught her tail in the water bowl. That made her jump a bit, which knocked over the food (dry) bowl and scattered it all over the living room. Then she decided to play hockey with the scattered pieces.

When I tried cleaning the bathroom, she was right there trying to help. I swear, she's worse than having kids around.

Today and tomorrow, I really need to get my act together to make sure we have clean clothes to pack, food to take with us, maps, etc. Plus I need to make sure hubby has paid things that need paid before we go, since we'll be gone for almost a week.

*********


Remember a few posts (or more) back when I was lamenting people respond to questions by asking a question? In my pretend converstion, I mentioned that blueberries are supposed to be the best food for us. Well, that was what I read. They're chock full of anti-oxidants. But here's a new list of 6 superfoods. Guess what's #1. Pomegranate. *Laugh*
http://www.prevention.com/article/0,,s1-3-71-108-7834-1,00.html?cm_mmc=Spotlight...

Some "facts" about milk:
http://site.vocalpoint.com/milk/thefacts.html

How about this. *Smile* The headling says, "Literary Legend Learns to Type at 92"
http://books.guardian.co.uk/news/articles/0,,2025178,00.html
You know...if he can learn to type at the ripe old age of 92, what can we learn to do at 30, 40, 50, 60???


© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/495666-Happy-St-Patricks-Day