*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/495811-Two-in-one-day
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#495811 added March 17, 2007 at 6:54pm
Restrictions: None
Two in one day
Grrr. I decided that a bit of sleep was required at about 1 p.m. My body was gradually doing its "automatic shut-down" thing. That "bit of sleep" turned into about four hours. I really didn't have time for that, but I guess I needed it. *Smile* I have been having to wash laundry that was waiting in the basement when the hose broke the other day. Whatever was down there got wet and no matter what else needs washed, those wet things took priority. Fun.


While I was sleeping I had a dream...that woke me for a few minutes. (Usually only nightmares wake me!) Perhaps if I had stayed asleep it would have been a nightmare. I mean I did wake up because both bees and flies were swarming - together - and a fly ended up in my nose. *Laugh*

It was a strange dream. In it were my family, my church friends, and some WDC friends as well. Some of the folks who are WDC "friends" don't show their pictures in the ports, so in my dream those folks were just a bunch of suitcases (in various colors) with legs. I laughed in my dream, realizing that I had entered a kind of cartoon world, or something Alice in Wonderland-ish. *Bigsmile*

We were on some kind of field trip or vacation together. We visited museums and amusement parks and zoos and concerts. I think it was at the zoo, in a picnic area where were eating, that the swarming bees and flies arrived. They were following some WDC friend (a yellow case). First we were concerned for our friend, then we were all being chased, and that's when a fly went up my nose and I woke up.

Okay, now that I think about it, I guess that was a nightmare. Or the beginning of one.

What's weird, though, is that I'm pretty certain that the sound of the swarming insects was actually the sound of our kitty purring loudly next to me. My dream thoughts have the ability to change with the noises I "hear" while asleep, which, obviously, makes them quite interesting. Our kitty, at some point, had joined me in the bed. *Smile*

After making sure there really wasn't a fly up my nose, and talking to hubby and kitty, I was back to sleep. But I didn't continue where I left off. I guess that's a good thing.

I have probably said these kinds of things before. In fact, I think I have one or two items in my portfolio that talk about how our words can impact the world around us or far from us. But in an email exchange today, I said:

The written word can be so many things - an introduction to love and friendship, a rebuke, kind, angry, confusing. Without the benefit of facial expressions and voice tone, our written words strike out on their own and sometimes, as hard as we have tried, they don't really impart the message of our hearts.

True, huh? Sometimes, even writers, have a difficult time writing just the right words or conveying the message just like they would like it to be received.

I am sure that's why if we're Dad's kids we sometimes are just allowed to take dictation from the Master and not allowed to venture out on our own. Not when the words are meant to be about Him, anyway. And that important.


Don't forget. Bright and early on Monday morning, hubby and I are beginning our trip to Lake Jackson, TX. That's about 60 miles south of Houston. Start your praying engines now, okay? That we have a safe trip. That the weather is good (warm would be nice!). That we don't have to stop every two hours for potty trips. *Laugh* Once we get to my sister's house, we may be able to check in. Or we might hop over to the library so we can both log on at once.

But that's starting Monday and, thankfully, it's still Saturday now. I really need to get to the store to buy a few things for the trip. I just hate leaving the house IN THIS COLD. The weather really teased us the other day, getting up to 76 or something. Then the temperatures plunged back down to the 30's. Grrr. I mean BRRRRRR. Okay, I'm off to make list of what I need to buy...

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/495811-Two-in-one-day