*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/496665-Swinging-Sixties
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#496665 added July 22, 2012 at 4:45am
Restrictions: None
Swinging Sixties
We're off to Liverpool again tomorrow for a couple of days. Our local group and friends are playing at The Cavern again tomorrow night. I'll have mixed emotions remembering last year when our son was there - free, single, inebriated and looking forward to his future travels. I know he'd like to be there this time, but hopefully there'll be future opportunities, although nothing will ever be quite the same. But life is all about change and adapting is it not?

Liverpool always takes me back in time to the Sixties. As a teenager during that era it was a magical place to visit with The Beatles and many other pop legends originating from there. I've always felt honoured to have grown up in England during what is considered to have been one of the best decades in history. It was indeed a splendid time to be young, but you'd think by now someone would have invented a time machine so I could go back there as often as I wanted and rewrite some of my own personal history.

Hard to believe I'm now closer to sixty myself and the swinging Sixties of yesteryear have a place in the history books already. Such a lot of progress has been made in so many ways since that time and not all of it welcome. I guess every generation has it's good and bad points and I must admit there are quite a few things I don't envy today's youngsters. There are however some things I really wish had been around during my teenage years. Things like...

*Bullet* Computers

*Bullet* Hair Straighteners.

*Bullet* All day bars.

*Bullet* Cheap travel.

*Bullet* Robbie Williams.

As you can see my thoughts on what is important in life have become much more deep and meaningful as I've aged. *Rolleyes* Still, what is age anyway? Don't count the years but make the years count is one fine cliche. I'm quite sure it's our attitude to change and progress that really matters. I'd say that makes me about 29 and hubby 92. *Laugh* Still, if he starts complaining about the music and volume in The Cavern I can always lose him like I did last year.lol

Will miss you all but back soon I hope. A little older but none the wiser.

© Copyright 2012 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/496665-Swinging-Sixties