*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/497361-Nostalgia
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#497361 added April 1, 2015 at 7:21am
Restrictions: None
Nostalgia
Liverpool trip over now. *Cry* I think that was the fastest two days in history apart from the time spent stuck in traffic jams both ways.

As predicted many memories from the distant and recent past were stirred and emotions very raw at times. The band performed well, but we all agreed we missed my son, who is usually a great entertainer in his own right on these occasions. What the future holds on that front is still unknown, but as the date of his return draws ever closer, the concerns are hard to dismiss at times.

Yesterday we visited The Beatles Story - sort of an interactive museum with your own personal headset as a guide to the tour. To say it was amazing is an understatement and I'd recommend it to anyone who visits Liverpool. For anyone of my era it's a great blast from the past and quite an emotional experience.

The Beatles story from the start to the present day is a magical one, but always tinged with tragedy. The reminders of all the happy and sad experiences during this period caused some leakage, particularly the final room which is a replica of Lennon's white room where he recorded 'Imagine.' Quite surreal and such a shame his simple message still isn't heard by many. Ironic too that his untimely death should be one of violence. All in all a very moving and memorable experience.

I didn't take many photos due to time restrictions and taking so many last year when we visited, but I've posted the few I did take.



The melancholy was further enhanced by watching American Idol on return - hearing some of my favourite songs from that era sung (or not *Rolleyes*) by youngsters who probably hadn't heard the originals too often. I think I'm starting to feel old, especially when it appears Lulu is getting ever younger. *Pthb* I'm not jealous honestly; I'm really fond of my wrinkles and flab and don't envy her being rich and in a position to revamp herself whenever she feels like it. Who am I kidding? lol

Anyway, it's no good wallowing in the past or fretting about the future, so onto the present. I'm about to release this month's Blogville News so I hope you'll enjoy it and remember to thank the contributors and send any suggestions for future issues. Thanks to everyone who supports and reads this little project; it means a lot.


© Copyright 2015 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/497361-Nostalgia