*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/496827-On-Daughters-and-Dragons
Rated: 13+ · Book · Mystery · #1222498
A place for random thoughts, ideas, and fun!
#496827 added March 22, 2007 at 1:17pm
Restrictions: None
On Daughters and Dragons
My daughter joined WDC this week!  Dhoc-li Llama   Sarah has been writing stories for as long as she’s been able to hold a pencil.  From a very early age, I knew that language was her forte.  Even in her early school work, her personal style and character came through. 

She is as unique as a snowflake – there’s not another like her anywhere, and I love that about her.  In her interests, her passions, and her dreams, she’s always followed her own path.  Winding through the labyrinths of Sarah’s imagination is always an adventure. 

Not only with the written word is she creative.  Her artwork is also quite unique, and is always expressive of her interests.  Her work in Scupley clay – intricate, tiny, detailed and delicate – is a joy to her and to those around her.  For a few years she made almost exclusively little otters.  They’re darling little creatures - each unique - with large, expressive eyes and charming detail.  Most recently she’s discovered the joys of Dragons (with a capital D).  Colorful, detailed, some with wings unfurled and some tucked in snugly, her Scupley dragons look as though they could stand up, stretch, and fly away. 

And Sarah too . . . stretch and spread your wings, but please don’t fly away too soon!

© Copyright 2007 Merry Mumsy (UN: amygdalia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Merry Mumsy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/496827-On-Daughters-and-Dragons