*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/496636-Springing-into-Spring
Rated: 13+ · Book · Mystery · #1222498
A place for random thoughts, ideas, and fun!
#496636 added March 21, 2007 at 11:12am
Restrictions: None
Springing into Spring
It’s spring!  It’s spring at last!  Now, just tell that to the weather, and we’ll be in great shape.  *Bigsmile*

Spring is my favorite season.  With the promise of new beginnings, the return of birds, flowers and greenery, I find spring to be the most joyous season.  Warmth lures people out of their homes, windows open and curtains flutter with fragrant breezes, and the laughter of children playing outdoors makes the chill of winter disappear from grateful minds. 

What else do I love about spring?  Early spring is glorious, with tiny buds and light greens taking over the harsh browns of winter.  Insects have not yet had the chance to prosper in the first weeks.  Something about the warm air, or change in atmosphere gives the far-off drone of airplanes an entirely different sound. 

This spring, my son will start playing soccer, and have a chance to practice riding his little bike.  This spring he’s really old enough to appreciate the changes that come with spring and the warmer weather. 

What will I do to celebrate spring?  Throw my windows open to the world, and dig out my light clothes!

© Copyright 2007 Merry Mumsy (UN: amygdalia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Merry Mumsy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/496636-Springing-into-Spring