*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/497760-Undies-metal-detectors-fried-pickles-no-sleep
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#497760 added March 27, 2007 at 10:31am
Restrictions: None
Undies, metal detectors, fried pickles, no sleep
As my loyal readers know, hubby and I were gone for days, so I'll probably have plenty to write about. I just may not do that all in one chunk.

We left Cincinnati on Monday morning and drove all the way to Texarkana, TX where we spent the night in a Motel 6. Then we drove to Lake Jackson and stayed with my sister on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night. We were still there on Friday night, but we spent that night in a Motel 6. (Guess we had worn out our welcome at my sister's house. Actually, her youngest daughter was home from college for Spring break and wanted some time alone with her mom.)

We got up early on Friday morning - 6:30 (me) and 7 (hubby) am - and worked until about 4 p.m. Then we got gas and cold drinks and headed to Memphis. I think we arrived there about around 5 am, but there were no motel rooms because of a drag race. *Confused*

Now about those teasers I posted earlier...

As I was driving along, I asked hubby to "un-fog" the window. Of course, I knew it should be de-fog. *Smile* I think he nodded off for a while, and I pondered the use of "un" and "de". (See? Undies. *Laugh*) I wondered who makes the rules and why we say "de-fog" and "untie". Anyone know? I suppose we were both a big goofy by then because of our lack of sleep, so we *Laugh*ed quite a bit about the "undies."

When we left Memphis, I had to make a pit stop and we did need some gas. The gas station/convenience store we found was about 40 miles outside of Memphis, I think. As hubby gassed up the car, I located the girl's potty and was quite surprised to see a metal detector at the entrance. I've seen them in courthouses and such, but never at the entrance to a restroom in a store. Yes, it did give me the creeps, but I had no choice at that point. I had to use the restroom! After we were on the road again, I told hubby.

We found a motel room about an hour away from Memphis and when we finally settled down to sleep a bit, we had both been up about 24 hours. We slept for maybe 4 hours, then set off back to Cincinnati. I drove again. (Hubby makes a great navigator. Besides, he kept nodding off, and I didn't want him driving!) I took some caffeine pills and drank some coffee and was just fine. *Smile*

Fried pickles? We ate those at a restaurant in Lake Jackson the first night we were in town. My sister and my niece and hubby and I ate together that night. Fried pickles was one of the appetizers. We had never heard of them, but they were really quite good. I guess that's not on hubby's diet, but since we didn't eat much the whole week, I doubt it hurt him this one time. *Smile*

The moldy, smelly, buggy stuff we found in storage after 4 years? I guess I could write a bunch about that. I'm just glad that I found my jewelry box with my grandmother's antique cameo pin in it, and some of my writings from...the late 70's and early 80's. That should make some interesting reading. *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/497760-Undies-metal-detectors-fried-pickles-no-sleep