*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/498143-Sooooooooo-tired
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#498143 added March 28, 2007 at 5:27pm
Restrictions: None
Sooooooooo tired
What did the baby banana say to the mommy banana?
"Mommy, I don't peel well."


That's me. I really don't "peel" so well. *Smile*

I know it's a combination of things.

*Note*I didn't get enough sleep for days.

*Note*I had to throw away some things that were dear to me because of water damage and mold.

*Note*And yesterday, we found out that one "package" of pictures we brought back (and didn't check out first) were ruined. One was an oil painting of my son at about the age of 9 or 10. He looked so serious in that picture, and it was one we both loved. Now, because of the mold and moisture, his face is gone and all that's left is the lower part of the picture. I was going to throw it away, but for some reason he asked to have it. Fortunately, I do have a small picture of the same pose, so I can probably have another oil painting done for him. But not right now. Back when we had it done the first time it cost us about $80. Who knows what it would cost today...

*Note*The other ruined picture was one of Derek and his dad and me. It's not that important to me, but it was to Derek. It was one of those pictures taken at church. It's not as bad as the oil painting. At least you can tell who we are. *Smile*

I'm sure part of it is also that a chapter of my life is finally closed. Derek and I spent about 6 years in Lake Jackson, TX. When we first arrived, my brother, my parents, and my sister, her hubby and two girls lived there. Gradually, they all moved away and we were left to fend for ourselves. It was a time of growth and change for both mother and child.

It's also where I was rear ended twice (and injured once), where I received the back treatments that ended up thinning my skin permanently, and where I injured my knee at work. Not such good things.

But there were good times. Lake Jackson is where I was when I started writing again after years, for more than myself, that is. *Smile*

Then again, it's also where my son became so disillusioned with "church folks" that it sent him off looking for a "better religion."

Thoughts of the good and bad times came rushing back as I sat at the storage unit deciding which things I could keep and which I had to throw away, which damaged items might be "fixed" and which could not be.

Being a single mom is never an easy task. But I never really felt burdened, and Derek has shared that for a long time, he didn't know that we might be just a bit poor.

God prepared me for being a single mom, although, of course I didn't know that at the time. Back in Florida, when we were still a family of three, we published a newsletter about being frugal. Those thrifty ideas are what kept me/us going in Texas, especially once our family was gone and once I was injured and had little income.

While hubby and I were in Texas, my son turned 23. I think that was only the 3rd birthday of his that I missed. I did arrange to have a piece of art from his favorite artist and a t-shirt (same artist on the front) delivered while we were away. It has never been easy to surprise my son, but I did this time. That was fun.

Yeppers...I'm just not "peeling" well. *Smile* I did too much. When I last worked - at Dillard's - I explained to my boss that I just couldn't work more than 6 hours at a time or more than 2 days in a row. Boy, oh boy, did I find out that was right this past week. My poor old body is screaming from standing, sitting on concrete, lifting and toting for hours, then for sitting in the car for hours and hours. And I just didn't get enough sleep. (Hey, at least I remembered to put sunblock on so I don't have sunburn on top of everything else!)

Yesterday one box arrived and today another 10, I think. But I'm just too tired to deal with them right now.

I have to get some of my energy back real quick. Hubby's 10-year old daughter is coming this weekend and staying an extra day because of Spring break. I can't be falling asleep so much with her here. She already thinks we're a bit boring. *Laugh*





A gift from Kiya


© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/498143-Sooooooooo-tired