*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/497865-032707---Im-Back
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1206540
Middle-Age Spread is NOT a Condiment!
#497865 added March 27, 2007 at 3:50am
Restrictions: None
03/27/07 - I'm Back
I took some time off from my blog since it was my birthday on the 25th. So, below I'll try to catch you up on what has been going on the past few days.

I scheduled Thursday and Friday off from work, and didn't tell my family. That's right - you read that right. I faked going to work just so they wouldn't know that I had the days off.

I know that might sound mean, or even crazy, but I had my reasons. First of all my husband would have made a list of things for me to do. I didn't want to do anything. Secondly, my mother would have called me non-stop. Her conversations are always more than an hour long. And finally, my daughter would have whipped-up some illness just to stay home with me.

I love my family, but, they are draining. They suck the energy right of out of me. I didn't want to deal with them. I'm in a weird frame of mind lately, and I just needed the time off. It had nothing to do with my turning 44. But it may have everything to do with the whole menopause thing. I just needed a breather from them. I hung out at home and Licorice (my cat) and I just did nothing. No laundry, no cleaning, no errands - absolutely nothing.

I never did get to see the hippie chicks to ask about some kind of natural aid for dealing with menopause. I just didn't want to go and explain myself to them. And I do feel better since I've stopped taking the hormones my doctor gave me. I go to see him next week and I'll have to discuss some of my issues with him.

As for things around the house, well, it seems that my husband and I are going through a rough patch. My daughter feels it too. My husband is super-sensitive lately. We have to watch what we say to him and how we say it, or else he feels we are yelling at him, or being hostile to him. (We aren't.) Plus, he starts arguments over the dumbest things. (That's a blog entry itself!)

I'm beginning to think maybe he is going through male menopause. I know there is such a thing, but I'm not familiar with all of the symptoms. When we were talking to each other - yeah, we're going through the silent treatment right now - he told me that he was going to talk to his doctor about his low sex-drive. Maybe there's something in the water here in Pennsylvania.

© Copyright 2007 Victoria (UN: vlm0325 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Victoria has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/497865-032707---Im-Back