*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/498029-A-plot--Ive-got
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#498029 added March 28, 2007 at 8:35pm
Restrictions: None
A plot--I've got
For awhile today I was despairing of ever writing any more on my story. I had come up with a brief outline, and then couldn't get myself to "waste time" writing stuff I'd probably edit anyway. So while I peeled wallpaper off the dining room wall, I thought about it. Finally, I let myself think about dialogue, because that comes so much easier. When I'd think of a good interchange, I'd go write it down. By now I've gotten another 800 words in and deviated already from my outline. I changed my main character's line of work from artist, which I know nothing about, to writing teacher, which gave him a way to meet the antagonist, a student's mother.

And, I looked over my virtually plotless "Mending Basket" bit of silliness and figured out a way I could fix it when I'm into editing mode. I'll make it into a parable of change!

When working on my list of conflict resolutions, half of the possibilities seem to be, "change" and the other half, "stay the same." Or something to that affect, like, "Get over it and move on," or "Stay stuck." That's life, from the overly global point of view. *Laugh*

The end of March is coming soon. Get those submissions out, all you who said you'd try to do that.
Just don't ever let me hear you say I'm into submission. Or domination either, come to think of it. *Wink*


© Copyright 2007 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/498029-A-plot--Ive-got