*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/498403-Closer-to-a-Datemaybe
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#498403 added March 29, 2007 at 9:35pm
Restrictions: None
Closer to a Date...maybe
Match.com has been having its ups and downs. It is very strange, in the beginning I was winking and receiving winks regularly, now it has sort of slowed down. Not a terrible thing I guess. I have two guys that I am talking to, well, one on a regular basis.

The first guy, Bruce, is a very funny guy. I look forward to his emails because I can count on him making me laugh most of the way through them. He is 40 and does some sort of computer job...he was describing it to me tonight, but not something I'm familiar with to really grasp everything he was talking about...maybe next time! *Smile* Anyway, we finally exchanged numbers at the end of last week. He tried calling me Saturday, but I was working and when I got home I was so sick...relapse from the flu I had earlier in the week...not pretty! We finally were able to talk tonight after a few days of phone tag. He is really easy to talk to and some of the words he uses his tone reminds me of one of my uncles voices...this is a good thing, I like this uncle! *Smile* Wait...not in that way do I like him, but you know what I mean, right?!

The second guy, Roger, is a nice guy, but I'm not sure what is going on there. He is someone I initially winked at, he winked back, I sent an email, hadn't heard from him so I sent another email (4 or 5 days later) giving him my email address in case he wasn't a member (I'm not a psycho, I had other guys do this to me, so I thought it was standard procedure I was unaware of *Smile* ), he emailed back finally. We went back and forth for a couple weeks, not daily, but every couple of days. Then I didn't hear from him for about a week so I figured he lost interest. Then he emailed me and said he was unable to get on the internet for the last week. Whether it was a lie or not, he was pursuing me again so I emailed him back. Then I sent a 2nd email a day later giving him my phone number in case it was easier...not sure his computer situation. It has been about 4 or 5 days now and no reply. I do know he is taking classes for his PhD, so maybe that is taking a lot of time?! Whatever, I'm not pushing it, but he is really cute and LOVES kids...not a bad combo if you ask me! *Smile*

There have been a few other guys, but too aggressive for me. One guy I winked at winked back and wanted me to call him. Sorry, I need to feel ya out through email first...is that wrong?!

© Copyright 2007 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/498403-Closer-to-a-Datemaybe