*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/498973-What-a-Day
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#498973 added April 2, 2007 at 11:31pm
Restrictions: None
What a Day
After getting Derek from work, I crawled back under the covers and went to sleep. The phone woke us at about 9:10 am, and I wasn't sure I would make it to church. In fact, I wasn't ready when hubby and Tiff were, so we ended up taking two cars. But I did make it, and I'm glad. I've found that to be true before. On the days when I can hardly drag myself to church because of being tired or in pain...that's when I hear some of the best sermons and/or praise and worship music. Maybe it's really when I feel God's presence the most.

The rest of the day - until almost 11 pm! - was spent fussing with the computer. Well, it was an on and off thing. I really didn't let it control me. *Smile*

A few days ago, I installed a new virus scan. The one I've had is a freebie - AVG Grisoft. I like it, but, you know with it being free, I wondered if it was the best coverage. I purchased another virus scan and, sure enough, the first time it ran it discovered a trojan. Was it something that had just arrived or had it been there a while? Who knows.

Today the computer had a mind of its own. Grrr. It acknowledged that there were two anti-virus programs installed, but it would not let either one activate and scan. I tried everything. It also kept giving me that blue error screen. Pressing any key just locked up the computer. Scandisk didn't find any errors. Even though the computer had just been defragged, it was quite a mess, so I did that again.

Finally after 10:30, the computer "let" me update the AVG, then it would activate. And it and the new anti-virus program found nothing wrong. Perhaps I just was not supposed to be on the computer all day.

Instead, I focused on laundry. Although nothing wanted to dry. Could that be because - for some reason - our basement has a high level of humidity? (We figure that to be the case because the cold water pipes are sweating.)

I didn't work on any boxes. There are still at least half a dozen sitting by the front door. They'll wait until tomorrow.

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/498973-What-a-Day