*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/498335-That-smelly-stuff-in-storage
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#498335 added March 29, 2007 at 3:17pm
Restrictions: None
That smelly stuff in storage
It wasn't just the moldy stuff that was smelling up the storage unit (and our car once we packed it up).

Consider...

Just before we left Lake Jackson, TX, we had to take Derek's dog to the local shelter. They discovered that Otto had heartworms really bad and put him down. I think we had had Otto with us for about 3 years of the 6 in LJ. (Before that, we had Pebbles - a Shih-tzu with a really smelly skin condition.) Anyway, for the 6 years in LJ, dog hairs were a given. Knowing that he was having to part with his doggie, Derek spent lots of time cuddling with Otto those last few weeks we were there. Ummm...Otto was about a 60 pound dog, I think.

Anyway, we spent loads of time throwing stuff away, packing, etc. Derek was 19 when we left LJ. And one of those teens who showered and changed clothes 2-3 times a day, sometimes more. The laundry, most likely, piled up as we worked at "other things."

We thought we were going to have our stuff in storage for about 3 weeks before we retrieved it. So? Derek left quite a bit of dirty laundry in storage. Imagine what it smelled like after FOUR YEARS! Yikes.

*******

Over the last few days, I have seen quite a few good pieces of information about fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. I'm pondering starting another blog just for that kind of information. Yes, hubby has a fibro blog about our symptoms. But this would be more about studies and meds that might work. We'll see. Maybe I don't really need another project.

*******

Ever think about this? In Reader's Digest - April - there's a short blurb about another way obesity is costing Americans. Ready for this? We burn more gas in our cars because of overweight drivers. Now, I certainly never thought about that. Did you???

Also in that same Reader's Digest issue, under "Word Power" there are a bunch of French words that we use in the English language. (Figures, right? April...reminds you of April in Paris?) Anyway, here are some for you to ponder or research, as the case may be: soufflé, demitasse, risqué, protégée, sauté, attaché, soiree, genre, apéritif, repartee, faux pas, gauche, savoir-faire, fait accompli, élan, denouement.

Of course. Also in RD - eating slowly and chewing each bite 15 to 20 times makes us consume 10% fewer calories per meal. Now, isn't that an easy way to diet???

Or how about this? PICNIC. Something having to do with food and ants? Nope. It's "Problem in Chair, Not in Computer." *Laugh* Hubby, if you're reading this, you might want to share that one at work. (In case I forget to tell you. Fibro fog, remember?)

Guess that's all for now. That trip to Texas really did me in, as they say. I need a nap. Now.

Later gators.


© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/498335-That-smelly-stuff-in-storage