*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/499122-Hard-drive-failure-imminent
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #1201314
Who am I, Where am I Going, and Where have I been? The story of my life!
#499122 added April 2, 2007 at 2:44pm
Restrictions: None
Hard drive failure imminent
April 2, 2007

www.dictionary.com uses the following definition for the word imminent- –adjective 1. likely to occur at any moment; impending: Her death is imminent. 
2. projecting or leaning forward; overhanging. 

Not good.  Not good at all.  Yesterday morning we turned on the computer and it said....S.M.A.R.T value bad.  Hard drive failure imminent.  Back up your computer.

NOW...I know there have been issues here in Blogville lately for some people and there computers..though they shall remain nameless...lol......now apparently we are having issues here..

Now, I do realize how blessed we are that our computer is being nice enough to let us know it's going to die.  We actually have a chance to get things off the hard drive before it crashes..and considering that all of my writing, most of our pictures and money info is on the computer, that is a very good thing.  Considering it's not been done..it's even better that we've listened ...lol.  My beloved is treasurer for our church.  I'm sure they appreciate him backing up the data before the computer dies as well (though that informations is backed up regularly.  Still, it' s alot of work to be done..and now I can't easily access the things I've been working on or share pictures since they are all on disc (Yes, I'm aware I could find the disc, put it in and upload what I want..but..lol...I'm lazy) My beloved deleted the things he put on disc so as not to copy things twice...and told me to do the same (THIS I did...after I made sure I copied to the disc correctly..I'm not overly technically minded..lol)

The long and short of it is..we have a new hard drive bought to replace the dying one...(shhhhh, don't tell it it's being replaced..if it dies before it's all saved I will have to hurt the person who ratted us out...:) 

It's a race against the clock folks...and now anything I write (for the next few days anyway) will have to be written directily into these windows....scary scary thought...

Hope y'all are doing well..I'll be back around later.

hugs
Vicky 

© Copyright 2007 hoosiermomma2 (UN: hoosiermomma2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
hoosiermomma2 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/499122-Hard-drive-failure-imminent