*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/499649-Fibro-Stuff
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#499649 added April 5, 2007 at 12:42am
Restrictions: None
Fibro Stuff
Okay. I have decided that I might have to make two entries a day - one for regular stuff and one for fibro stuff. I really need to be better about tracking symptoms and triggers and such. And this place is as good as any. *Smile* So be warned. I'll try to make sure fibro is in the title so you can just ignore it if you wish.

Yesterday, I made fudge. That doesn't sound like it's related to fibro - yet - does it? Well...it's the same recipe I've been using for nigh unto (cool phrase, huh?) 40 years. Yikes. Not sure I want to admit that.

Anyway, one has to let the butter, sugar and evaporated milk come to a full boil. One has to stir while the stuff is getting to the full boil stage, then keep stirring for four minutes after it starts boiling. In all, that's about six minutes of stirring.

I stirred for half the time with my right hand and half with my left. Finished the fudge and felt like I had accomplished something for the day. *Laugh*

Later? Boy did I have regrets. The simple act of making fudge - stirring the stuff for only six minutes - made both hands feel like I had used them non-stop for eight hours or more, maybe with some heavy tin snips like my dad used to use as a sheet metal mechanic. Seriously, I could not believe the pain in the joints and in the flesh (not much muscle in hands, is there?).

Plus I'm still getting over the trip and the physical and emotional stuff from cleaning out the storage unit in Texas. Bouncing back takes time for usn's with fibro.

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/499649-Fibro-Stuff