*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/499921-The-Ultimate-Sacrifice
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1242039
A look at who Daizy is. My very first blog/journal.
#499921 added April 6, 2007 at 8:25am
Restrictions: None
The Ultimate Sacrifice
Today is Good Friday. We commemorate this day as the worst day in the life of our Risen Savior. This is the day that God had to turn His back to His One and Only Son. Jesus took on Himself the sin of anyone who ever was, or ever would be born. And God cannot look on sin. That's why Jesus, in His humanness, cried out, My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?

It was bad enough that man was falsely accusing and killing Him. It was bad enough that His disciples ran and hid. It was bad enough that Judas His disciple betrayed Him. It was bad enough that Peter denied he even knew Him, not just once, but three times. It was bad enough that He was beaten and humiliated and paraded in front of the whole world on His way to die. But to have His Father in Heaven, who had sent Him to earth, who He had always been a part of in the Trinity, turn His back to Him, was the ultimate sacrifice. He didn't even have God to sustain Him through the death on the cross.

This is the first time I ever understood the extent of Jesus sacrifice. I weep as I write. I PRAISE AND ADORE AS I WRITE.


© Copyright 2007 Daizy May (UN: daizy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Daizy May has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/499921-The-Ultimate-Sacrifice