*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/500550-Observations
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#500550 added April 9, 2007 at 9:39am
Restrictions: None
Observations
Not a lot to report. A quiet Sunday followed by a Bank Holiday Monday which is almost like another Sunday. Fortunately the supermarket and gym are not closed so my exciting routine will not be disrupted. *Rolleyes*

I've a few observations to report from the past few days and where better to store them than in my humble blog?

*Bullet* Sport on television might just be the cure for insomnia. I threatened hubby he'd have to choose between Sky Sports and me if he ever brought it into our home, but two years on and I'm still here, coward that I am. Every evening for the past week cricket, golf and football have been the only things visible on our screen, but every evening without fail hubby has fallen into a stupour after only about half an hour. I'm not going to complain too loudly though as I enjoy the rare peace.

*Bullet* My mother's birthday is early in May and during a discussion yesterday she claimed she'd be a hundred this time. She can be any age ranging from seventy to ninety nine, but this is the first mention of triple figures. When I gently reminded her she'll actually be eighty-three, she decided she'll stick with being a hundred as it's easier to remember. I hope she does forget though or she'll be expecting a telegram from the Queen.

*Bullet* America voted and I have to conclude America prefers a range of eccentric hairstyles to a range of singing voices. I agree with Simon when he states this is a singing competition and must plead with any voters out there to not subject us to another week of Sanjaya, no matter how cute he is.

*Bullet* I believe the term 'April Showers' will soon have to be deleted from any English poem or song. To date this April has seen not one drop of precipitation and has been decidedly warm. This is all very well for the moment, but I suspect by May a drought will be declared, hose pipes will be banned and water rationed. I'll be prepared to do my part by adopting my own personal motto - Save Water - Drink Wine.

*Bullet* I must assume all bloggers at WDC are fountains of knowledge and know the answers to everything. It appears our regular columnist and much wubbed ccstring has not been sent one question this month for The Blogville News. *Shock* Can I ask you to dig deep and find something profound and meaningless ful for him to contemplate. Thanks a bunch.

So, Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to the gym I go. Maybe I can make a few more worthless while observations while I'm there or come up with a question or two for the white knight to ponder. There has to be something to break the monotony of burning off another biscuit from Friday.

© Copyright 2007 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/500550-Observations