*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/500213-In-the-Pank
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#500213 added February 20, 2008 at 6:48pm
Restrictions: None
In the Pank
We couldn't have wished for a more perfect pank day out than yesterday. The sun shone, the food and wine were exceptional, the company great fun and not a hitch all day. We strolled by the river Trent in Nottingham, ate at a lovely restaurant, walked through the buzzing city to the canalside for a last drink and enjoyed tea and cocktails back at Pam's house. No matter how much these days out cost or how frivolous they may appear to some, to us they are worth every penny and ounce of effort because no one can ever take such special memories away.

But then there's the day after. *Frown* No hangover fortunately but back to the gym, la la land and humdrum. I think I managed to burn off one biscuit on the treadmill, a chocolate on the bike and half a glass of bubbly in the pool. At this rate I might just rid myself of all the calories I consumed by next April.

Still, it was worth it and I've enjoyed downloading the photos and smiling at the memories of yet another wonderful day out. I am indeed blessed to be able to take part in these activities and to have such great friends to share them with. I promise not to mention pank again for a long, long time.


© Copyright 2008 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/500213-In-the-Pank