*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/501199-I-cant-believe-it
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#501199 added April 12, 2007 at 9:59am
Restrictions: None
I can't believe it
Hubby leaves for work each morning around 6:30 a.m. If I'm picking up Derek at work, we leave the house about the same time. If I'm not, hubby usually lets me sleep and goes off to work without waking me.

Before we had Opera, Piewacket would wake us about 3 a.m. each night, cat howling, and we would (or hubby would) meow/howl back at her and invite her to join us in bed. She would, and she'd get up with hubby. About 15 minutes after he was gone, she would realize she was "alone" and wake me up again, and I'd be up for the day.

Since we got Opera, Pie doesn't get so lonely, so she's not waking us up this way. BUT NOW, about 15 minutes after hubby leaves, Opera comes and starts licking me with that kitty sandpaper tongue. On my face. *Smile* Usually, it's because there is no food or water in their dishes. I fill them before I go to bed, but they must indulge in midnight snacks, and in the morning their dishes are not full. There might actually be some dry food in the bowl, but I guess it will be stale or something, compared to what comes out of the bag. You know cats. Picky, picky, picky. And their water bowl isn't usually bone dry either. Just not fresh and full, I guess.

Today, I woke about 4 a.m. 'cause I heard my son up and about. He didn't work last night, but he tries to keep the same schedule when he's off. He doesn't always succeed in doing that, but he tries, so his body isn't totally confused.

I never heard hubby up and about getting ready for work. And, strangely enough, neither one of the cats woke me. When I did wake up on my own, it was 8:30. I figured the cats were somewhere else in the house and was quite surprised to find them in the bedroom with me. Pie was at the bottom of the bed, and Opera was sitting in hubby's desk chair. Very strange. I guess they figured I needed my sleep. Either that or someone else must have remembered to fill their food and water bowls in the wee hours of the morning, so their tummies were full.

I don't really have much to write about yet today. Tiffany will be arriving this evening. (This is her real Spring break week, not the one I reported a few weeks ago. Her mom was wrong about the dates.) So, she'll be here for my birthday! Friday, April 13. Remember???


******************

Yesterday at the church office was fun. I didn't do anything really creative - for the bulletin - or anything. In fact, most of what I did was to make copies and separate them into packets. Our pastor is doing a training session for small group leaders - existing and new ones - and he's believing for 20 to show up. I think right now we have 10 existing groups, so that means he's believing that 10 more will want to start groups. He has put together some awesome materials for the leaders.

If I hadn't been there, he would have had to copy and put together that stuff all my his lonesome. He would have. But he really needs to be doing more pastoral things. *Smile*

I'm excited about helping out however I can in the church office. It's only once a week, and in between I can rest up. I'll have to. Just being there for an hour an a half one day for "orientation" and four plus hours to help out yesterday was quite exhausting for me.

That' s probably because I'm still getting over that trip to Texas. Grrr.

Well, that's all for now folks.

Don't forget tomorrow. My birthday. Think I've said that enough??? *Bigsmile*




A gift from Kiya


© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/501199-I-cant-believe-it