*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/500921-The-monster-sneaks-in
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#500921 added April 11, 2007 at 7:47am
Restrictions: None
The monster sneaks in
What monster, you ask? That stupid fibro fiend. Yesterday I called if fibro friend, but it is no friend. No, this isn't just a fibromyalgia rant. But sometimes it's impossible to separate the fibro from everything else, and today is one of those days. Grrr.

It's Wednesday, hump day for those who are in the Monday through Friday work world. Trash day here. *Smile* Hubby and I have fun with that phrase. He considers Tuesday night to be trash night. I consider Wednesday to be trash day. That IS when the trash is collected. On Wednesdays.

I suppose our differences on this stem from our different life experiences. I've lived out in the country where dogs got loose and where raccoons and possums learned very early in their lives how to remove the lids from garbage cans. My father used to put bungie chords and huge rocks on trash cans, thinking he had outsmarted the wild creatures. But so often he was surprised to find the garbage strewn around the yard.

I also lived in a very fancy Florida bedroom community, where one just did not put trash out the night before. I've mentioned it before. We lived in the same community as Hulk Hogan.

Anyway...I mentioned how hard it is - sometimes - to just pretend that fibro can be isolated and discussed in a separate blog entry. Today, it's sooooooooo evident that it's my constant companion.

Believe it or not, I am still getting over the trip to Texas. Yes, we've been back since...what?...March 25? But I did way too much in that week we were tossing and packing stuff, driving and getting very little sleep. My body is still recuperating. My energy level is soooooooooo low.

How low is it, you ask? Well... Yesterday, I spent about 90 minutes at the church learning how to get in and out of the church office, how to answer the phone, how to use the church computer and choosing a password. I have volunteered to work in the office for a few hours each Wednesday, and since even before I left for Texas, the office volunteer coordinator and I have been trying to get together so that I could have a quick orientation. Yesterday we finally connected.

Now, for a normal person that 90 minutes would not have been anything physically or mentally stressful. And it wouldn't have been for me either if my energy level was back up to my normal. But that 90 minutes at the church, added to my normal every day routine was just enough to tire me out.

So today, as I'm facing my first volunteer time at the church, I'm exhausted before I have even arrived. You know...that really stinks.

I best get ready for my church time. The pastor is excited about adding me to the office volunteers. I'm excited too. Just tired. *Smile*

I'm going to be searching for (and writing) small bits and pieces for the weekly bulletin about tithing, small groups and prayer. If you have any words of wisdom about those topics, or can direct me to some (they can't be very long), be sure to comment or drop me a line.

Meanwhile, don't forget.

Friday, April 13 is my birthday. I'll be 55 and want lots and lots of comments on my blog entry that day. In fact, wouldn't it be really cool to get 55 comments? Be sure and tell your friends to stop by that day. *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/500921-The-monster-sneaks-in