*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/501201-Prologue
Rated: 13+ · Book · Horror/Scary · #1246836
Darkness threatens to kill everything in it's path.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#501201 added April 12, 2007 at 10:18am
Restrictions: None
Prologue
Prologue

A light breeze rustled the leaves of the forest trees.  Jamie, Dean, Chris, Jenny and Clare made their way through the forest, looking for the clearing they had found earlier.  It was starting to get dark and every few steps a twig snapped under their feet making the girls jump and the boys laugh loudly.  Dean and Chris teased the girls, chasing them further into the forest until all five of them stumbled into the clearing.  The darkness was complete here and a cold wind seemed to stir the fallen leaves in the clearing.

The group settled down into a circle, Jenny placed candles around them and lighted them whilst the boys set up the Ouija board.  Laughing and joking they passed around a bottle of cider, Jamie and Clare lit cigarettes and settled back against the trees.  The smoke curled around the clearing and with the growing dark complete silence descended.  The growing dark was spooky and Dean grabbed a torch and pressed right up close to his face started making scary faces and howling noises. The girls screamed good naturedly and pretended to be shocked and terrified.  Jamie curled up next to Dean and leaning on his shoulder took a long drag of her cigarette, passing it to him he cuddled her to his shoulder. 

All of them were pleased to be let loose for the evening; their parents trusting them to go camping alone. They were older now and in their last year of school, ready for anything.  They huddled closer as midnight approached with a chill in the air that went right to their bones.  All of them placed a finger on the glass and promising each other no more games, that they’d do this seriously, they closed their eyes and concentrated.

The glass moved, slowly at first and Clare jumped up accusing Dean of moving it.  Denying it Dean made Clare sit back down, they were all transfixed by now, holding in a collective breath.  The glass had stopped as suddenly as it had started and Clare refused to touch the glass again, completely freaked out a frightened she huddled off to tone side by a tree.  The glass started moving again and gaining speed it started to spell out a word.  They all chanted the letters together.

“A, G, A, T, H, O, R, N”

“Agathorn?”  One of the girls said.


Jamie woke up suddenly, unsure where she was her eyes darted around the clearing.  There was a smashed glass sitting in the centre of the circle of candles.  Slowly the Ouija board came back to her, but then a blank.  Her back ached where she had fallen asleep against the tree.  Her mouth felt like cotton wool and as she sat up slowly the whole world spun.  She could feel something on her head and she reached up trying to brush it away.  Her hand hit something hard, it felt like a trainer.  Looking up a scream lodged in her throat as she saw Dean swing back and forth hanging from a rope in the tree.  His eyes bulged and his tongue stuck out a complete look of terror permanently etched on his face.  Finally the scream cut loose.


blomeaway
© Copyright 2007 show me something (UN: rach_hook at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
show me something has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/501201-Prologue