*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/501450-Birthday-Greetings
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#501450 added April 13, 2007 at 9:27pm
Restrictions: None
Birthday Greetings
Hey! If you haven't made it to my party - given by hubby, Angela's Niece needs Praye and Budroe , be sure and stop by there too.

And, TexansBeatTheMiamiDolphinsBy3 put a birthday merit badge in my port. Wow! Merit Badge in Birthday
[Click For More Info]

May this day provide for you all the spiritual nourishment and accolades you deserve. Your selflessness is the  bar by which others should aspire to reach in their lifetime.  And you have achieved much in your 55 glorious years. It's no surprise that so many love you, but  I love you the mostest  *^*Wink*^*.
But your Heavenly Father outloves us all, with   the Most Perfect. *^*Delight*^*


 Happy Birthday, Kenzie  (E)
Please come help us celebrate a special Birthday!
#1246439 by Kenzie






I started discovering last week - rediscovering, actually - that birthday greetings come from some of the strangest sources. I didn't mind that Sonic and Baskin Robbins were some of the first to remind me I was getting a year older. *Smile* Even though there aren't any of either of these establishments real close to where I live. I may still have to print out the coupons for freebies.

That reminded me of what it was like to turn 50. I didn't much like AARP when they sent the first greeing to me a few weeks before my 50th birthday. I later found out that's what they do to everyone, so I didn't feel singled out. Much.

I smiled when I opened an Easter e-card from an e-friend last week and found that he had also put an, "oh by the way happy birthday" message on that card.

Then, yesterday I started receiving messages from some of the strangest places. Sites that send me information that I don't really want or need, but that cannot be considered as spam since I have had some "relationship" with them in the past. It made me wonder if my first contacts with them included an information form with my birthday on it. Others were more "business-ey" sites that I cannot imagine needed to know my age. And yet they were standing in line to offer birthday wishes.

I suppose if these sites had offered birthday greetings in the past, I would not have found it so surprising. But most had not. So why now?

My sisters (and I) are not real good about sending greeting cards. Actually, each one of us will spend time in card stores pouring over cards way in advance of birthdays. Then we forget to send them. *Bigsmile* It's not an old age thing. We've just always been that way. We surely didn't get this from our Mom. Mom was always good about remembering special days.

Birthday greetings are starting to come in from friends, though. Perhaps I should go and read...

Later gators.

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/501450-Birthday-Greetings