*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/501769-Thanks-Guys
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#501769 added April 14, 2007 at 11:45pm
Restrictions: None
Thanks Guys
What a wonderful birthday celebration I had yesterday. What sweeties you all are. And did you SEE how many comments there were on the birthday forum? Well over the 55 I wanted, especially if you count the comments made on the blog thing-ey. *Bigsmile* Thanks bunches!

Okay, let's switch gears a bit. I had no intentions on being drawn into the Imus debates and discussions. Oh wait, I have commented on the entries others have made. But I never intended on writing anything about it myself.

Today I have been a little confused. The words that guy used offended people, right? Well, what I don't understand is why those same words, said by that same guy are not offensive when they are used as news items. Today, I heard his voice spouting those words three different times. Yesterday the same thing. How many days has it been since the original incident? And those words have been repeated and repeated and repeated. How come no one is mad at the news stations for running that clip so much? That's what's been confusing me today. *Confused* I'm probably one of gazillions of folks who would not have seen that clip or heard the comment at all without the news media playing it. Or without the fuss that was made about it. 'Cause I just never was a fan of Imus. Every time I have tuned in to hear/see him, he has been being offensive to someone.


I have another prayer request of all those who do. Pray, that is. I've been in contact with a fellow who needs some part time office work. We talked, he asked for my resume, then we talked again. He wanted to know why I would be interested in part time office work...with my background and experience.

I was honest about my fibromyalgia and how working part time is the only thing I could/would consider. The man read some of my articles on business and society (at http://www.ezinearticles.com) and wants to talk with me for sure. He said that we're on the same page about business ethics, employee and customer loyalty, etc.

Turns out that besides the construction business he has, he also is opening up a coffee shop and gift store. Since I have retail management (and buying) experience, that's of interest to him. So is the fact that I can write...something more than a business letter. *Smile*

A few hours a week there, and volunteering at the church one morning a week just might make me feel a bit more useful. I'm sure not getting anything done in the way of housework. *Bigsmile* That physical stuff just doesn't love me anymore.

Well, I'm a bit tired after all that e-partying. *Laugh* Or...I wonder if it was because our neighbors were partying outside (in 30 degree weather???) last night until after 1:30 a.m. I think they were celebrating my birthday and forget to invite me. The sure were loud.


© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/501769-Thanks-Guys