*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/502276-An-Online-Poetry-Workshop
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#502276 added April 17, 2007 at 10:14am
Restrictions: None
An Online Poetry Workshop?
In the days of multimedia the web is a wonderful resource for writers’ workshops. Poets are turning to online means of learning the art and craft of poetry, for gathering with other poets, sharing written works and having a warm, considerate environment to express their creative aspirations.

One fantastic community, found on writing.com (http://www.writing.com/main/handler/item_id/1145708), is known as Persevering Poets Present and was founded by Rebecca in August 2006. The group has grown strongly with a large array of talented poets and poetry enthusiasts of all levels and experience.

Writers share their experiences and discuss their work and lives in the popular Ponder Poetry Forum. They have the opportunity to request reviews and critique from the group, ask for help, find new opportunities, discuss markets and publishing, discover poetry contests and challenges, and share the art with like-minded friends.

The group also hosts two distinct workshops for specific discussion. The Tools of Poetry Workshop and The Poet of the Week Discussion. These two forums bring together education and experience. They allow both experienced and novice poets to explore the various aspects of poetry in a warm, light-hearted, and easy-going atmosphere.

The Tools of Poetry Workshop begins simply and introduces some of the major elements of poetry to members. It gives members the opportunity to practice new techniques to strengthen their poetry and to see poetry in a new way. The workshop also continues to grow and expand. It caters to the beginner and the more advanced poets and explores some of the lesser known ‘tools’ of poetry that can be used to take an average poem and create something truly remarkable.

The Poet of the Week Discussion allows members to explore the life and times of poets past and present. Members can share their favorite poems and their knowledge about the poets and the poetry they’ve explored. The lives and works of famous poets offer a wealth of inspiration and cultivate a deeper understanding of the finer elements involved in writing poetry.

There is so much the group offers with more workshops and features planned for the future. New members of all experience levels are always welcome. The only requirement is a passion for poetry and a willingness to contribute at least once a month to the group atmosphere.

The benefits of working with a community to learn and practice poetry are phenomenal. The inspiration and encouragement brought to the page every day generates enthusiasm and joy. I’d definitely recommend joining a Poetry Workshop online today and seeing the new heights your poetry reaches when you embrace the mentoring and nurturing aspects of working with others.

http://www.writing.com/main/handler/item_id/1145708



BTW - These helium.com links on some of my blog entries are to almost identical articles I've posted on helium.com. Each unique view earns me a cent so click to donate to the Starving Artists Coffee Fund *Wink* and if you'd like to join Helium so you have a coffee fund of your own just let me know so I can send you an invite.

© Copyright 2007 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/502276-An-Online-Poetry-Workshop