*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/502483-Marker-from-the-past
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1242039
A look at who Daizy is. My very first blog/journal.
#502483 added April 18, 2007 at 7:27am
Restrictions: None
Marker from the past
It's been a couple days since I have written in my blog. I was away Monday morning and running late yesterday. I have only been 'blogging' for a little over two weeks and it has already become a part of my routine. I almost felt guilty not writing on those days.

But today I am 'ready and rarin' to go. That is an expression I heard from somewhere in my past. Speaking of the past, my dad brought me the candlestand that had been made from one of the carved bedposts from his and Mother's bed. My mother died in 1986. The candlestand was made way before that. Water had ruined the bed frame, but the posts were untouched. It was the only bed I saw my parents sleep in until it was ruined when I was in high school. It was part of the living room decor until my dad remarried, after Mother died.

As I cleaned the candlestand my mind and heart returned to the years of childhood. I had nothing but blessed memories to reflect on. I am grateful for the wonderful Christian heritage I have. This is the reason God had the Israelites in the Old Testament place stones as markers. So that when their children would ask why they were there, they could tell the wonders that God has done for them. I know we say that we need to move on, and we do. But we need a little something to help us remember once in a while. Knowing what God has already done can help us find the faith to wait for what He will do in the future. As some historians say, forgetting the past will makes us repeat it's mistakes.

I know this entry sort of rambles today, but then our heart doesn't always travel in a straight line, and that is where this blog comes from.

© Copyright 2007 Daizy May (UN: daizy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Daizy May has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/502483-Marker-from-the-past