*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/502700-I-have-a-glow
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1242039
A look at who Daizy is. My very first blog/journal.
#502700 added April 19, 2007 at 8:18am
Restrictions: None
I have a 'glow'?
Last Sunday, at church, a lady I know came up to me and gave me a hug. She told me her husband had mentioned that something was different about me. I have a glow that wasn't there before. I see two reasons for his observation. The first is that I am walking in Jesus light. I am relaxing in God's guidance. My Christian walk is not a struggle now, but a joy! The second reason I see is that I have joined the choir, (both the man and his wife are also members), and have had contact with them in a couple other situations. They can begin to see the real me. So maybe it is a new 'glow', which they noticed because of getting to know me a little better.

There are two things I learned from this. 1. We need to make an effort to know and understand people. We can't appreciate their joys and pains without knowing them personally.Look to those around you. God made us to need that fellowship. 2. Don't wait for someone to come to you. Put yourself out there. Go places. Do things. Be friendly. Take part. God made us to need that fellowship.

I have a cousin who says they are unfriendly at a church she had attended for several years some time ago. However, I noticed she didn't reach out to any of the ones she complained about. They probably thought she was unfriendly too.

May God help me to reach out to others in love, and to get out there and let myself be loved.

© Copyright 2007 Daizy May (UN: daizy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Daizy May has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/502700-I-have-a-glow