*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/503465-The-eyes-have-it
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#503465 added April 22, 2007 at 11:47pm
Restrictions: None
The "eyes" have it
I've mentioned my dry eyes and the fact that I cannot cry. And how painful it was last week that I couldn't cry when I wanted to over the tragedy at Virginia Tech.

A few years ago, I wrote about the callouses on my eyes.
 These Calloused Eyes  (ASR)
How do we soften hardened hearts and calloused eyes?
#546074 by Kenzie
Yes, you read that right. I have callouses on my eyes. At least that's the easiest way to describe them.

You know what else? Last year when I went to the eye doc, I had just developed a skin tag on my eye lid. The doc it an eye wart and said he'd be glad to take it off for me. I was rather insulted that he said I had an eye wart. Gross. Besides, with him putting plugs in my tear ducts to help my dry eyes (no, I cannot quite figure that one out either), I didn't really have the money to do the cosmetic thing and get the eye wart off too. So, it's been there ever since.

The stupid thing even got a bit dark so that to cover it up I would have had to use a dark eye shadow color. Not my thing or my color. So, it's been there for the world to see.

This morning when I was washing my face and getting ready to put on some make-up, there was something sticking to my eye lashes. I picked it off and realized that it was that stupid eye wart. Yep. The thing just dropped off. I guess that proves that the doc's term - eye wart - was on target. Warts do fall off.

Guess that's all for now. I'll share sermon notes tomorrow. But here's a hint: isn't it amazing that our pastor started a new sermon series last week about building character - just before the VA Tech horror? This week's heading was "Whose Responsibility?" One of my margin notes was quoting the pastor, "They caused me to do it!" But that reminded me that back when I was in high school and collge, we used to say, "The devil made me do it." Even comedians said that. We were usually talking about peaceful things, though, not violent acts. The world has changed.

Continuing tomorrow. *Smile*

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/503465-The-eyes-have-it