*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/503596-Its-hard-not-to-believe-in-god-at-the-Ocean
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Emotional · #1249825
This is a blog/journal of my crazy highschool life.
#503596 added April 23, 2007 at 1:01am
Restrictions: None
Its hard not to believe in god at the Ocean
         It is much easier to believe in God when you are at the ocean. How can you not with all that expanse of beautiful ocean? How can you feel the cool sand...okay at the Oregon Coast it would be the freezing cold sand but that is not the point...ahem....How can you feel the cool sand squish between your toes and watch wave after indigo wave crash down and not believe in a higher power? How can you close your eyes and hope with all your heart to find a certain sea shell and then open your eyes again and find one only feet in front of you and not believe in God?

         Obviously I went to the beach today, technically yesterday, and thats why all this is on my mind. I went with my family, minus one family member who chose to stay at a friends house instead (crazy, no good, rotten sister). We stayed in a little Hotel with Cabel, which to my family is a big deal but still to me the best part was the solitude.

         If you knew the size of my family and the size of that hotel room you would be questioning how on earth I got solitude. Going to the beach. Walking only barefoot on the sand with only my golden retriever for comfort and protection....well protecection is a stretch because that dog is afraid of my brothers hamster!.....anyways as I walked along the beach we came across some tide pools and I found a bunch of hermit crabs and huge sea stars and sea enamies....okay i butchered the spelling...but as I looked at all those creatures I thought to myself..and I quote "There is no way these creations are just by accident. There is no way that all of this just happened to be here because this planet just happened to have the right conditions. No way No way!

         I want to be a mermaid.

         But God didnt make those.

© Copyright 2007 Evangaline (UN: flying_solo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Evangaline has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/503596-Its-hard-not-to-believe-in-god-at-the-Ocean