*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/503618-Sunday-stuff
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1242039
A look at who Daizy is. My very first blog/journal.
#503618 added April 23, 2007 at 7:17am
Restrictions: None
Sunday stuff
Two things happened yesterday that I would like to mention. First just to let you know what the residents living in this tiny community are like: an ambulance had to be called for a gentlemen in his late 40's(?). I was there in a flash when I heard the siren a couple streets over. This was even before I knew where it was going. Within minutes neighbors had gathered outside, not just as gawkers, but as concerned friends. Some were silently praying for the husband. Others were consoling the wife. One went a few houses away to check on the husband's elderly parents to let them know what was going on. When the ambulance left for the hospital with the husband, one of the ladies followed in the car with the wife. This is what a God centered community is all about.

The second thing is: This weekend our church was holding special sevices we call a 'revival'. A guest evangelist preaches. It is a time for those who need to meet Jesus, for those who need to examine their relationship with Jesus, and for those who need to give their lives totally to God's control.

I have been forgiven of my sins. I have totally committed myself to doing God's will. But last night, I took one more step forward in my relationship to my Lord. He wanted me to come to an altar of prayer. So, I did. Not because of a sin I had committed, or that I had grown cold in my fervor for doing His will. He wanted me to publicly prove my commitment to His will. I knelt at the altar at the front of the church to tell God He has control of my life. Just as we need to continually say the words 'I love you' to our loved ones, I needed to repeat to God that He has control. I needed to say it again, and will say it continually.

As I have said before He is the reason for all I do.

© Copyright 2007 Daizy May (UN: daizy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Daizy May has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/503618-Sunday-stuff