*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/503331-Early-birthday-supper-with-my-brother-NotFrodo
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1242039
A look at who Daizy is. My very first blog/journal.
#503331 added April 22, 2007 at 7:44am
Restrictions: None
Early birthday supper with my brother (NotFrodo)
Yesterday, my brother PSanta-I'm ba-ack! took me out to dinner for my birthday, which isn't till next week, but that's when we could go. We went to a place called Logan's Roadhouse. When we walked in, there were peanut shells all over the floor. The tables and booths all had tin buckets of peanuts to crack and munch while waiting for our food. I couldn't seem to bring myself to throw the peanust shells on the floor like everyone else was. I'm not sure why. That seemed to be the fun part for everyone. I just made a neat little pile on the table with my spent shells. The busboys just sweep them off on the floor. I did throw one down, but then glanced around to see if anyone had noticed my untidiness. Oh well.

The food was wonderful. My six ounce sirloin was 2 inches thick. It was perfectly grilled to my medium rare order. It was so tender I almost didn't need the oversized knife they provide to cut mouth sized morsels. I don't like pepper at all, but the lightly peppered seasoning they smeared on before grilling was very tasty. The onion petals were scrumptious when dipped in the horseradish sauce and the caesar salad made me want to say 'oolala'. But it was a roadhouse afterall, so I just said, 'mmmmm'.

I usually relate my blogs to something about my wonderful Lord. There is really no lesson to be learned. Oh, wait! I have one! God loves us so much that He gives us times of pure enjoyment, just because!

Praise His loving, Fatherly nature.

© Copyright 2007 Daizy May (UN: daizy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Daizy May has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/503331-Early-birthday-supper-with-my-brother-NotFrodo