*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/504228-Believe-in-Karma
Rated: 13+ · Book · News · #1171286
Thoughts between gasps for fresh inspiration. . .
#504228 added April 26, 2007 at 2:23am
Restrictions: None
Believe in Karma
I'm a firm believer in karma. What you do comes back to you in one way or another. If something bad happens, there's something good just around the corner.

My good corner wasn't like finding a $100 bill in my PO Box from the job that didn't pay, but I did get paid for a job that I told the man I would do for free. I told him I could spin his paragraphs for his articles in three days, and it took about 10. I had trouble figuring things out, as it was the first time I worked with "Content Composer" software. It's going to be a great program once I get the hang of it, but I had trouble learning. It was a bit of confusion from trying to follow two sets of directions, plus my computer is just about ready to have its final crash.

I expected to hear from my computer geek about taking this crazed monster aaway by now. I'll have to call again tomorrow. There are serious corruption issues, and the problem is spreading. He said something about wiping everything away and starting fresh. Sounds pretty drastic, but so is the problem.

Anyhow, I told the guy about the article spinning that he didn't need to pay me because it took me so long. He wrote me back such a nice letter, and he paid me, and he said he wants me to write for him on a long term basis. I was frustrated, and he was getting frustrated about me not having his articles, but he said he appreciated that I worked my way through the problems I had and didn't just give up. He was so complementary. It was great to get paid when I'd given up on it, and he was so complementary. I really thrive on praise.

I have another job working for a research paper on Internet gambling. I have to search down some scholarly info, which isn't happening on first Internet search. I may have to go to the public library, and hope for the best from the reference floor downtown. I went back to the notes from an old DueNow job, and one girl was nice enough to give me access to what seems to be some kind of Tennessee electronic database. They have a section of academic journals, so I hope to find something there.

I'm getting ready for the next month of my workshop, with info, and a prompt. I think I probably give more info than necessary, but I like to share. I did a google search on "show don't tell" and I came across a fantastic article than NavWorks wrote. I asked if I could point the workshop to his article--it has 38 references, and he's done a great job writing it up. I'll still need to do some writing, but it shortened the amount of time I'll have to spend preparing. More good karma.

I'm also working on a personification article for cllasiclit.about.com. I think I'm going to be a renegade. and reference "Sounds of Silence" in addition to more literary examples. I was in the car when that song came on, and I was overwhelmed iwth the personification I never noticed before. I started writing down lyrics while I was waiting for my mom at the doctor today, and I got abouyt halfway through the song--I could have done better, but there were people around so I couldn't sing. I'm off to hunt for lyrics now. I'm going to see if I can get the song on audio to my pnn web page. It's barely started, but it has an option to call on the phone to post audio, so I may locate the vinyl and give it a try later. If you'd like to check the page the url is:

www.writeyourpaper.pnn.com


I found them through a link here, and they have interesting and free options for setting up web pages. Check 'em out if you get a chance.
© Copyright 2007 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/504228-Believe-in-Karma