*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/505311-Darn-Human-Complications
Rated: 13+ · Book · News · #1171286
Thoughts between gasps for fresh inspiration. . .
#505311 added May 1, 2007 at 5:42am
Restrictions: None
Darn Human Complications
I thought I had a nice weekend set up. I needed to research, refamiliarize myself with the details in "Cinderella" and "Hamlet." I made it to the video store, and had my papers all ready to get into taking notes, while having my literary needs met by media...what could be an easier job???

It was pretty late on Friday night/Saturday morning by the time I finished the "Burton: Hamlet" (circa 1965--stage recorded version wasn't the best I ever saw) version in black and white. Hard to visualize Richard Burton as young Hamlet's age. Anyhow, I opted for what I though was going to be a couple of hours nap. When I woke up, it was just supposed to be a matter of picking up where I left off. It didn't work out that way. My back froze my body up in sleeping position. And now my DVD player won't turn on--it won't even open to give the DVD back. I may have to carry the whole thing to the video store! Yikes!

Sometimes, the mere process of sleeping can set my back into fits. It doesn't happen every time I sleep on the sofa, but that's what set it off this time. I was in some weird angle with my spine not well supported. When I woke up, I couldn't move without a great deal of pain. Sometime during daylight Saturday, I managed to straighten up, get up, and then I wandered off to lay down in my bed, and that was all she wrote till my muscles could relax enought for my body to heal. Two days of bed rest can cure most anything. I got up as soon as I could, but that ended up being Monday evening late. My window for media researching had passed, and the dumb player wouldn't even light up that it ws receiving power. I really wanted to watch the 50th Anniversary DVD of "Cinderella".

My mom had phoned me a couple of times when I was in sleep and rest mode. She's having a back flare up/arthritis issue now too--so mostly she offered support. She did offer to bring me food, but I couldn't have moved as far as going to answer the door at that time. When I'm down, I'm really down. I got up sometime when it was dark because the Shepherd was whining, and whining-- for her dinner. I fed all the critters, then fell right back into bed. Sometime Sunday I realized I was able to move my legs in bed without hurting. It's a process to get better from any kind of back injury. It was 9 pm Monday before I felt good enough to try moving about the house. It's 7 hours later now, and I think the worst of my back problems are over. Now it's a rush writing issue. Like Rosanne Rosanna Danna said, It's always something...."

Two of the assignments I'd rented films for are already overdue. Already refunded too, so at least the DueNow folk were paing attention. The one on "Cinderella" is just three pages, and I've spent about two hours organizing my thoughts about it since I've been up. I'm bound to have a weird sleeping schedule again for a few days. Hopefully, I can get the "Cindi" paperit together for the client in a few hours. I'll make it by the 10 am deadline I think. But I lost two jobs. I hate when that happens, but I couldn't help it. Sometimes, my back goes out, and I don't have an instant cure in my bag of tricks. It just takes time.

After "Cinderella's" paper is finished, I've got to quickly start the write up for the academic paper I got throught WriterLance.com. I've read the seven scholarly articles he needs for background and data to quote from. It's just filling in the info he needs for his various sections, and getting the 10 page project and bibliography finished by sometime Wednesday. I'm going to have lots of typing to do. I never remember how long it takes me to type long assignments up. I have 13 pages in my near future. Pressure!

I've almost got my swirling paperwork fury calmed down to a quiet pause spot. When these last two articles, plus the one article on "Personification" for classiclit.about.com., and then the introductory info for the UWW "Believable Fiction" workshop for May--are done, then I can call the computer guy to come take my computer away and fix it. It's SO SLOW, and so close to totally crashing. If the 'ole machine will just hold out a few more days, and if my back will hold out that long, I'll be forced into a 2-3 day period of recovery from the computer since it won't be here. And my attitude will be better when my computer isn't giving me so much trouble.

In the mean time, I up the fluid intake, keep the heating pad handy, and pray I've got what it takes to get these projects finished up before deadline.
© Copyright 2007 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/505311-Darn-Human-Complications