*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/505178-Sing-Into-The-Moonlight---Prelude
Rated: 18+ · Book · Teen · #1255873
A tale of a teenager who longs for belonging finds love at a carnival.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#505178 added April 30, 2007 at 8:22pm
Restrictions: None
Sing Into The Moonlight - Prelude
"This makes me sick to say, but my one last regret is that the two of us never felt so right."

~*~


The night was perfect. It was all magic to me. The lights, the sounds, the candy, the carnival, the girl; all beautiful. Perfect.

~*~


         All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go... Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again, oh babe, I hate to go. Such an infectious song, boys and girls alike, but this time, it's never been more true for me. For once, it's relevant. I'm leaving this town, this stupid little town, on it's birthday, the one day of the year where all is well, and the carnival is in town.

         I don't know why you'd want to celebrate at all over this little town, I don't see it being necessary for a place like this. The slogan of this town is "Small town, Big Dreams", but it would be more accurate to change it to "Small town, Big hypocrisy" or lies, or sins, faults, demons, or skeletons in closets; pick one, I don't care. The carnival's in, and I'm out.

Tylerr
© Copyright 2007 Tyler Rietze (UN: bananacheeks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tyler Rietze has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/505178-Sing-Into-The-Moonlight---Prelude