*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/546261-I-Wont-Forget-This-I-Wont-Forget
Rated: 18+ · Book · Teen · #1255873
A tale of a teenager who longs for belonging finds love at a carnival.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#546261 added November 2, 2007 at 5:27pm
Restrictions: None
I Won't Forget This, I Won't Forget...
"This is the way it goes with you a part of it, nervously saying words that are so tightly fit."
- Emery


Being a golden child with a decaying infrastructure is it's own hell. He has many hells, but the worst one he lives in is the one that he was born to be.

He now wakes up with no hopes, and nothing to look forward to. There is no push to smile, or love. While his siblings get away with murder, his parents cannot leave him alone for simple misdemeanors. He had had enough.

It's not that he wanted to die, he just did not want to live any further, at least not in THIS current life. There was nothing for him.

The fair had moved into his small town, and he was found rolling his eyes. To this very day, he remembers it. The smell, the taste, the air. Even after all that happened, and after all this time...


~*~


It was candy apples. For the entire short eternity (10 minutes) that I was there, I couldn't remember the smell. I walked around completely alone with my bottle of tap water that tasted and reeked of chemical treatments. This liquid that is supposed to be one of the foundations of all life was so horribly twisted, and hard to consume. Not only are we self destructive, but we destroy human staples.

There were all types of people. Mostly townsfolk, but for some reason, every year, there are people that come from other places, from their prisons to this one, and seem to enjoy the festival.

After an hour, I gave up. This was it, this was all. My time here amounted to this moment right now.

~*~


At that very moment, he turned around to leave this "godforsaken" place and get on with what may one day become a life. And in that life changing moment, he was met with another.

He saw something. First faint. Then distant. Then an obsession.

Everyone sees something beautiful that they will never forget, and she was his treasure. She was half way across the grounds, but yet, he knew he would come to love her, if he didn't already.

And in that beautiful moment they locked eyes, despite the distance between them, he leaped closer to the pit of his death.


Tylerr
© Copyright 2007 Tyler Rietze (UN: bananacheeks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tyler Rietze has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/546261-I-Wont-Forget-This-I-Wont-Forget