*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/506862-Chapter-2
Rated: 13+ · Book · Children's · #1177945
Teenagers run into vampires in their small town.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#506862 added November 11, 2007 at 10:02pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 2
She flashed me a "Thank you" smile and I gave her a thumbs up. Then, I walked over by the water, sitting in the sand by the pool. I was by myself but happy to have some time to think. Dancing so close to Kraig had made me feel as though I was in Heaven. How did I really feel about him? Did I just like him as a best friend? I suddenly realized, no, not anymore. Just seeing him made me smile, being around him made me glow. Friends could do that, bout could gazing in his eyes make you feel like you were drowning? No, I realized. But just how strong were my feelings? Did I just have a crush on him? Or was it much more...? How would I figure that out?
"It's easy dear." I looked up and saw a woman, about as old as my grandmother, looking down at me. She was wearing a purple gown, purple sandals, and a purple cap. I had never seen so much purple. What a strange outfit!
"Very easy to figure out. Kiss the guy you are thinking about at midnight, under the moonlight. If your heart sings, you know you love him. If the birds sing whenever you see him, you know it's much more than like. Take my word for it."
I shrugged. "Who are you?" I asked in awe. Her hair was frizzy and golden, her eyes violet blue.
"A guardian angel. Now, do as I tell you and I guarantee you will know how you feel by this guy's gentle touch." And then, a flash and she was gone. I shook my head in wonder. I didn't believe it possible to be able to get the courage to kiss Kraig under the moonlight. Never. And would I want to risk our friendship by doing a thing like that? No way. I got up and headed toward where Damian was standing. I knew he liked me, but it seemed less pressuring than being around Kraig. I knew Damian didn't want me to be mad at him so he wouldn't try anything.

* * *

Later on that night around 11:20 p.m. Kraig actually made a move on me that might've been ready to lead to my big moment. He asked me to take a walk under the stars, in the woods below. Damian and Dereck had left earlier, having to get ready for bunches of visitors they would get from their cousin's mourners. Damian told me he'd call me and maybe we could do something the next day. I said okay, finding no harm in it. If nothing else, we could be friends. After fun dances with DAmian, who made me laugh with his sarcastic remarks, I saw Kraig heading my way. He looked really serious, and I wondered if he was about to spill the beans and let me know how he felt. Instead of thinking, I knew when Kaitlin motioned for me to come over and talk to her "about something very important" she mouthed. I went to Kaitlin's side and she said in a low tone, her eyes huge.
"Belinda, I talked to Kraig earlier. I shooed Miss Ice Princess and said it was urgent family business. Kraig asked what it was about, and I told him that I told you. He looked so scared, but then I told him you said he was the greatest guy around and if he asked you out, it'd never ruin your friendship. He told me he's gonna tell you tonight. How he feels about you, everything. So, watch out, girl. AFter all these months, he may turn into an animal around you. But tell me, Belinda. How do you feel about my brother? You guys have always made the most perfect couple, but I wanted you guys to realize it. I didn't want to force you two together. So, tell me is the feeling mutual? Are you inlvoe with my brother?" Her eyes earched for the answer in my eyes and face. I didn't know what to say. "Um well, I think I like him more than a friend but...I know nothing about love."
Kaitlin beamed. "That's great. I mean it's a start. Kraig is new at this and you are too so you can take it slow. You really do think you like Kraig as something more?"
I sighed. "Yes I think I do. When he and I danced earlier, I felt somthing. I mean when he touched me it was as though I was in heaven."
Kaitlin was surprised. "Wo. I never suspected you felt like that. My parents think you're terrific, the perfect girl for their son. They know he likes you. They like you just as if you were their daughter. So, good luck." She hugged me tightly. Then she led me to where Kraig wsa waiting by a trail. She winked at me. "Bye guys.See ya later."
Kraig stopped her. "Do you have a ride home?"
She put up the keys to my car. I gave her a questioning look. She waved her hand.
"I'll bring Belinda's car home for her. You can't trust these rich people. They'll steal anything." She smiled at me secretly, implying Kraig would drive me home.
"Uh, thanks, Kait. Drive home safely. My mom will be home. She will let you in our garage. I'll talk to you tomorrow."
Kraig gave her a kiss on the cheek. "You be careful. Friday night drivers are crazy. Drunk and wild. So, plesae. Be careful."
Kaitlin hugged him and whispered, "Good luck, bro." Then she took off, leaving the two of us alone. Kraig took my hand and led me to the bushes below. "C'mon!" He said. "I have the perfect spot for you. It's beautiful there." We walked down a trail, then he stopped at a clearing. "Over here." I ran down the hill, nearly falling. He pulled my hand. "C'mon!" I went to where he had stopped. It was a beautiful spot, where the view of the lake was really clear to see, lights from the town were visible, and the stars above twinkled. He looked up, all around. "It's beautiful here, isn't it?" He murmured.-
"Yes." I said softly.His eyes sparkled in the moonlight.
"Belinda, I brought you here to tell you something important. Ever since I first saw you riding with Mick Thompson well I know that somehow I started liking you. You know more than just a friend." I looked at my watch. Five to midnight. Kraig was going to kiss me but would it be at midnight? If I not, I should kiss him.
"So uh, I was wondering. Do you like me." His blue-green eyes were fixed on my face.
"I mean, I never told you because...I was so scared you'd say we're just friends, we could never be more. But how do you feel?"
I sighed. How would I tell Kraig. I'd never had experience with situations like that.
"Yes, I do like you, Kraig. I'm sorry you've waited so long to tell me. You're a terrific guy. I'd never hate you. No matter what, never."
I looked at my watch again. 60 seconds. He came over and held my hand. "I've got another confession to make. I love you. I mean I'm inlove with you. I never knew how I felt until.." I grabbed him and kissed him deeply. Sure enough what I felt was deeper than like. I didn't want it to end. Neither did he. It must have lasted several minutes. I felt everything love was supposed to be: warmth, comfort, passion, and desire.
Then, we heard a rustle in the bushes below. He had his arms around me and wanted to kiss me more, but I pulled away. "Stop, I think I heard something." Kraig looked around listening.
"Maybe it's my heart. C'mon Belinda-.." But this time I heard low, growling sound. Not far away, I saw glowing red eyes. "C'mon, Kraig. Let's go!" Kraig didn't listen until the creature was right there in front of us. It was half human, half beast with glowing eyes and hman hair, a human body, and even clothes.
Kraig's eyes grew huge. "Oh my god no! It can't be." But it was. Our horror film vampire had come true. "Run Belinda, Run!"
© Copyright 2007 The lost syllable. (UN: prancerbelly at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The lost syllable. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/506862-Chapter-2