*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/507256-Agree-to-Disagree
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#507256 added May 9, 2007 at 10:11am
Restrictions: None
Agree to Disagree
One of Mark's friends that I am friends with, but through Mark, has recently become a born again christian. I think it is wonderful when someone finds God and turns their life around for the better; however, I do not like when these new found christian's feel they are superior and feel they know everything.

Over the last week or so he has been forwarding emails of scriptures from some website, but I haven't taken the time to read them...until yesterday. He forwarded one that was on the topic of friendship. At the top before any of the scripture he addressed and email to both Mark and I. He was explaining why he hasn't been around as much and that he is praying for us and hope we find God and turn our life around because he fears we will be going to hell. Hold up...who gave him the right to judge me or my life? The only thing he knows about me, other than being friends with Mark, is that I was there to go to the bar with him. He never asked about my upbringing, if I had a relationship with God, if I attended church...nothing! I was not happy in the slightest as you can imagine.

I figured since I read his paragraph I may as well read part of the scripture part. I'm not certain what type of church he is going to, but this scripture stated that you have to choose your friends wisely. If you are hanging around people that are gay, that drink, or are not devote christian's then it will reflect upon yourself and you will find yourself in hell. WHAT?! Since when has God decided that you must only have perfect friends and turn your back on those that don't think exactly like you??? Doesn't the bible talk about Jesus befriending people of all walks of life and even though he did I highly believe he made it to heaven, right?!

Then today he sent me another forward, which was a 2nd part to yesterday. Not only are you to turn away your less than perfect friends, but now you are to turn away any family members that are not fully devoted to God. C'mon, can this guy/church be serious??? They honestly want everyone to turn their back on the people in need just to keep face with the church? It scares me to think that people truly believe God would expect that.

I had to send him an email to take me off his list and it took everything in me not to start an arguement about it, but I think that is what he wanted. I am so upset by this I think I need to walk around the building and get it out of me!!!

© Copyright 2007 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/507256-Agree-to-Disagree