*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/507593-Do-you-know-why-hummingbirds-hum
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#507593 added May 10, 2007 at 10:20pm
Restrictions: None
Do you know why hummingbirds hum?
We had an evening adventure at a hummingbird garden.

Several people from hospice met together the other evening with a picnic supper, and then visited a wonderful gentleman who loves hummingbirds. Tom was born on this homestead 81 years ago, and now lives there with his dog and hundreds of hummingbirds he attracts with over a dozen feeders. He had several albums filled with pictures of different varieties, and the groups that came to visit. There were campfire girls and church groups, real birdwatchers, and novices like us.

The bird show doesn't begin in earnest till nearly 8P.M. Bill managed to get some really good pictures, even using one hand while pointing at the feeder with the other to give the picture some scale. The humming was loud and coming from all sides. One particular little guy did an arial display by climbing straight up very high and then zooming straight down.







Invalid Photo #1008201





Oh, yes, why hummingbirds hum. Because they don't know the words. *Laugh*

© Copyright 2007 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/507593-Do-you-know-why-hummingbirds-hum