*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/508022-Nothing-or-Too-Much
Rated: 13+ · Book · News · #1171286
Thoughts between gasps for fresh inspiration. . .
#508022 added May 13, 2007 at 5:45am
Restrictions: None
Nothing or Too Much
It's been quite awhile since I've had nothing to do. This isn't a nothing time. I have three things due, actually four come to think of it. I need to write up this month's "Believable Fiction Workshop" info and prompt. That will have to wait till Monday.

On Monday I need to finish and turn in my re-write of a 40 page e-book about makeup. I'm a bit concerned about getting finished on time. I've re-written it almost totally, but only on paper with pen. It has to be typed in a word doc before I send it off. That's a lot of typing in one sitting for me. But that's not my current crisis.

I was being overly confident yesterday, and picked up a three page academic project that has to be finished today. The subject is gun control, and I've got about half my research. I think it'll fall into place without much trouble once I have my facts laid out. But it does include a citation page. I dislike those, and bibliographies because you have to be SO careful with the spaces, and periods, and commas, and be consistent. It just takes extra paying attention, and since that's the page I always type last in an academic paper, I'm most tired when I get to it. Got to finish the gun paper before I get to go play with the makeup paper. Priorities and deadlines.

If I can manage some good breaks during the day, I think I'll be able to finish. I owe another bid job I won at www.classiclit.about.com an article, or several. I'm having trouble getting going on my literature topics. That seems odd. I guess because it's most familiar I put it off to last.

Sometimes, I need to do the Happy Mother's Day thing. I don't like Mother's Day. It has nothing to do with my Mom. I love my Mom. It's just that Ididn't get to be one. I'm a mommy of pets, but it doesn't count. It's like this extra special day of the year that women who aren't moms get to feel really left out of the mainstream. Hey, I planned to.. . it just didn't work out.

I got a good laugh during Saturday Night Live last night. I don't watch regularly anymore, but the new girl has my attention. I forgot the character name, but she twirls her long red hair, and sing-song mumbles, and has to interject her business on top of everybody else's. I'd like to see that character and Jon Lovitz's "liar" do a sketch. She has to top everyone else, so it's a lot like Lovitz used to do.

Anyhow, the laugh was about being a mother. Someone had just had a baby, or a shower was planned, and she had to top it.

"I'm a mother. I'm a mother to my cat. I was pregnant with her."


The stakes got higher, and she claimed to have birthed seven cows in her apartment where she kept an ocean in her bathtub. That's high stakes!!!

Cracked me up! Maybe you had to be there. But it was worth a laugh at the time, and I needed it. I know I don't laugh and sing enough. I'll get the records out AFTER I catch up on my writing deadlines.

To all the mothers out there: Congratulations! And Happy Mother's Day! *Heart**Heart**Kiss*
© Copyright 2007 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/508022-Nothing-or-Too-Much