*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/508718-Baby-Break
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#508718 added May 16, 2007 at 9:47am
Restrictions: None
Baby Break
I had five messages to update my blog, but in all fairness, I've been preoccupied with my beautiful new nephew since Sunday. Tyler Christopher, 7 lbs, 13 oz and 21 inches - absolutely adorable. I could just sit and stare at him all day! I've taken some time off of work to spend with the new family and I've taken a bit of heat for it. I've stopped short of telling my coworkers to screw themselves but its been on the tip of my tongue. Its funny, some of the people I'd expect to say nice things or acknowledge the wonderful event have just ignored it completely. I guess you never can really tell who cares about you and who doesn't until you see people for what they really are. At any rate, everyone from the family is completely in love...and how could we not be? We've all taken our turn holding him, and something about the weight of him in my arms, his fresh baby smell and his iridescent soft skin have recharged my spirit in a way I was longing for. And my brother, seeing him with his new son, his caution, his gentleness, his pride...it just about brings me to tears.

© Copyright 2007 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/508718-Baby-Break