*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/509592-Chapter-Two-The-Frontier
Rated: 18+ · Book · Sci-fi · #1264210
A Bisexual Telekinetic/Mindreader setting off events that changes our world.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#509592 added May 26, 2007 at 10:08pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Two: The Frontier
I could hear Eric screaming something at Veronica.

I got up from the coach, did i fall asleep again?  I don't even remember-  the music blaring across the street made me realize that it was already night.  I went upstairs to his bedroom.  I opened the door, the sight of Alejandro dead asleep, naked, only confirmed that they had partied the past couple of days.

Veronica ran out the room and into the bathroom, the water began to run, she was getting ready to leave.  Eric looked at me and started to put on some shorts, his toned slim body didn't look clean, it looked dirty and he smelled of piss and sex.

"What?"

"Go take a bath."

He had a look in his face.  Instead of arguing with me he went to the downstairs restroom to do what i had asked him. 

Alejandro got up half naked and walked out the house.  I guess he had to deal with his own demons.

A couple of minutes later Eric got out of the restroom and started to pick up his room.  I didn't say much, I was still in shock from the events that took place a couple of days ago.

"Who was with you this morning?"  He began to get dress.

"Henry."

The General.

"Mom told you never to get involved with people like him, he's a punk and he's a bitch of the Crown."

"He's blood."

He sat down in his recliner chair and began to spark up a joint that was left on top of his counter.  "Does blood sell out his father?"

I wanted to explain to him what happened, the reasons why Henry had given D to Interpol.  But I don't think Eric could understood it.  D wasn't your typical thug, he made sure of that to whomever he meets, but he wasn't the luckiest either.  I wanted to tell of that night, but when I looked into his hazel eyes I knew that he had heard enough.  I looked at what he was wearing, a black t-shirt with Tony Montana on it, three sizes bigger than his actual mass and blue jeans that could actually hide a M16 if needed.

"I'm going to take a bath."

"This would be your tenth one today."

Tenth one?

"Listen," he grabbed a pain killer and broke it in half.  He popped it in mouth and swallowed, "as fucked up as I get I know what's going on around me.  You reached out to him didn't you?"

I looked down at the floor.

"Don't try to hide it," he wanted to give me the rest of the pill but I shook my head.  "You have to let him go, Daniel."

Stuttering, "I can't."

He took a swig of a beer that he had grabbed earlier. 

"I know he's my dad, but, he wouldn't want you to be killing yourself for this,"  he took out his cell phone and he showed me a picture of all of us during our last Christmas.  "He told you that there would be days like this."

Veronica came in dressed.  She grabbed her purse and belongings and sighed heavily.

"You want to go home bitch?"  Eric shouted.  He didn't like it when people interrupted his time with family.

"It would be -"

Before she could finish her sentence Eric snapped his fingers, a blue glow illuminated her body, followed with a low sparkling sound.  She began cursing him, but before she could run towards him she vanished into thin air.

"Where did you send her?"  I never knew with Eric.  Sometimes he teleported people out of sight so that they could be out of mind, but he really didn't care about you or just plain wanted you to get of the way he compressed them until there was nothing left.

"Harris County."

Harris County, formerly known as Houston, was our old stomping grounds before the Sheriff kicked us out for political reasons.

"Take the pill," he offered it to me again.  I refused.

He opened his cell phone and laughed.

He showed me the text.

It read:

From: Henry
Call Back# sprint.org.gov
Message: Find this pesrson, get 1,00,000 Euros.

I saw the picture.  I erased it immediately.

"You saw the picture?"

Eric nodded his head, "You ready?"

I grabbed my book bag with things I always travelled, our passports, residency cards and a piece of gum.

"Yeah."

"Let's get lit!"

He snapped his fingers and the darkness encompassed me.
© Copyright 2007 G Martinez (UN: wanderer713 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
G Martinez has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/509592-Chapter-Two-The-Frontier