*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/509671-One-of-Those-Days
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1030039
This will show our fight with Fibromyalgia, so others can learn that it's real.
#509671 added May 19, 2007 at 9:27pm
Restrictions: None
One of Those Days
         Yep. A bit of everything from the fibro, I mean. It started with the legs this morning, about an hour after I got up. Then, after Kenzie and I hit a few yard and garage sales looking for a kitchen table and chairs, we were sitting on the porch chatting when I noticed that I was starting to feel tired, or at least a bit short on energy. And I'd only been up about 4 to 4 1/2 hours. I went to the store to pick up some milk, figuring I'd better do that before my energy level got too low.
         Luckily, sometime after that I must have gotten the energy back, but don't ask me how. I'm not used to the Fibro-fatigue backing off that quickly. *Smile*
         I came in here and got onto Writing. I wanted to finally get that second entry into my new blog while I had enough time and was (now) awake enough to get all the way through it. Shortly after that, I went outside with Kenzie to talk to our friend Matt and his girlfriend Tina. They were cleaning up the driveway apron for us. There was a lot of sediment covering about half of it from the rains we'd had so far this summer. Matt was clearing that off the apron, and edging the perimeter. With that in mind, I got curious where the actual turning point in the apron was located. As he kept sweeping the sediment, I picked up the shovel and started scooping up the dirt and grass that had overgrown the perimeter of the driveway on the far side of the garage door. When I thought I had it cleaned to the edge, I switched to the spade and started using that to push down at the edge and outline it so we knew where the driveway edge stopped on that side. The result? By the time Matt and I took a break, not only were my legs hurting, now my back was, too. I'd been on my feet too long, with the talking, then the digging, and the talking again, and I was now paying for it.
         Problem is, it's now over 2 hours later, and my legs and back are still hurting. Not only that, but this time my back hurts no matter what position I'm in. Sitting normally takes the edge off most of my back pains. But not this time. It hurts right now, and no end is in sight. I've already hit the Neproxen, but I'm darn glad I don't work tomorrow. *Smile* I think it's liable to be a bit of a long night. We shall see, when I check in next.
         While I'm here, I'd like to thank all of you who are praying that we are able to sell one or more of the pianos soon. Your thoughtfulness and your prayers are appreciated.

© Copyright 2007 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/509671-One-of-Those-Days